SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

normal phone user: where did i put my phone?

iphone user: where did i put my iphone?

shits me how so many iphone users only refer to their phone as "iphone". i'm also amused by the older generation who uses an iphone and thinks it's the only smart phone on the market. had some guy in at work showing the boss an app on his iphone and my boss (who isn't that technology savy, and owns an iphone but thinks it's shit) says "do they have an app for that?" the guy said "it's a $1000 iphone, of course there is...." .................................. so i said "i can get that app for my $200 android phone"

If I had a dollar for every elitist asshole who hates on macs/iThings....

Apple didn't become worth more than Microsoft and Google combined by making shitty products. The fact is that the experience of owning pretty much any apple product is a pleasure and incredibly painless (not to mention they have very effective marketing). Every Apple product I've ever bought has never missed a beat.

That said, enterprise is not their strength, but for the home user they're great.

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

I had to use Macs at Uni as the PCs were usually in use. The Macs were extraordinarily slow and often crashed despite being newer than the PCs. I was extremely frustrated, not quite as much as the guy next to me using a Mac though...

post-53059-0-54320300-1336515924_thumb.jpg

Edited by *LOACH*

If I had a dollar for every elitist asshole who hates on macs/iThings....

Apple didn't become worth more than Microsoft and Google combined by making shitty products. The fact is that the experience of owning pretty much any apple product is a pleasure and incredibly painless (not to mention they have very effective marketing). Every Apple product I've ever bought has never missed a beat.

That said, enterprise is not their strength, but for the home user they're great.

Sure.

Apple became worth more on a market cap basis cause they have hoarded every penny they've earned. They haven't paid a dividend since 1995! Every other company on earth actually gives back to their shareholders. Apple doesn't. If Microsoft were never legislated out of existence in the 90's and they took back every penny they have ever paid out in dividends, acquisitions, so on and so forth they'd be about 100 times more valuable than Apple.

Apple products are cheap, nasty shit (or simply a PC) dressed up in faggotty clothes and sold to people who don't know better. I find it hilarious that you call people who hate Apple elitist. That's akin to Hitler calling Churchill a fascist.

Sure.

Apple became worth more on a market cap basis cause they have hoarded every penny they've earned. They haven't paid a dividend since 1995! Every other company on earth actually gives back to their shareholders. Apple doesn't. If Microsoft were never legislated out of existence in the 90's and they took back every penny they have ever paid out in dividends, acquisitions, so on and so forth they'd be about 100 times more valuable than Apple.

Apple products are cheap, nasty shit (or simply a PC) dressed up in faggotty clothes and sold to people who don't know better. I find it hilarious that you call people who hate Apple elitist. That's akin to Hitler calling Churchill a fascist.

:rofl2:

Sure.

Maybe you haven't heard, Apple are set to pay out a shit-ton of money to their investors over the next few years. Whoever invested is about to become filthy stinking rich.

Have you actually owned any Apple products recently? Almost everything they make is very good quality (earphones are a bit dud I'll give you that).

Plus yeah, the elitist thing goes both ways you know...

Can't wait till the fad of owning an iphone is over and people realize that their are better options out there.

House mate has an mbp and an i phone 4s. He hates the fact that he has to use i tunes for everything. Can't beat good old drag and drop.

Maybe you haven't heard, Apple are set to pay out a shit-ton of money to their investors over the next few years. Whoever invested is about to become filthy stinking rich.

Have you actually owned any Apple products recently? Almost everything they make is very good quality (earphones are a bit dud I'll give you that).

Plus yeah, the elitist thing goes both ways you know...

Yeah, about time too. And with that dividend their share price will drop sharply and their market cap will be reduced significantly. That said, it's not a shit load ($2.65/share) when you consider it's the first payment since 1995. And it's not going to make anyone but major Apple shareholders rich. When shares are worth $550 each you can only buy a few so when they back back $2.65 you don't have many shares and therefore do not get rich.

Microsoft have paid out $2.63/share since Q3 2008. Apple will be at $2.65/share since 1995. Apple have been able to get away with it because it's not just their customers who are blinded by SJ love, but their shareholders too.

This why I love my Android, but thats another thread....

Google Drive is FTW. Oh look, a folder on my PC *drag file - drop in folder* Oh look, it's on my phone and laptop now.

BUT I DON'T HAVE ITUNES, WTF?! :P

I'm not going to argue that Apple plays to the lowest common denominator with everything they do, its moreso the complete unwillingness to admit f**kups ever, and encouraging people who buy Apple to act like elitist dickheads. Spend 10 minutes reading the MacRumors forums to see exactly what I mean. Also google "reality distortion field".

Steve Jobs was all about removing control (and therefore freedom) from the user and having everything carefully stage managed. This is why despite not being able to make it illegal, Apple are quick to patch over any jailbreaks that become available for iOS. Even with their PCs, they remove as much upgradability as possible. Macbook Air with non replaceable SSD anyone? (which means that in 3 years it will pretty much be rubbish), Imacs that are extremely hard to pull apart, and are designed to be as user unfriendly to upgrade as possible (i.e HDD lives in the centre of the mac and requires screen removal and motherboard out).

This is also why they run a totally useless EFI instead of a BIOS / EFI BIOS; the user cannot make any pre OS adjustments to the hardware either.

I do however love the ironic twist of them shitting on the professional market who initially made them popular, with the dumbing down and feature removal of Final Cut Pro X, dropping the Xserve, removing management features and refusing to support Active Directory properly, a Mac Pro lineup using 3 year old hardware that still shows no signs of refresh etc.

Itunes on PC is seriously one of the biggest pieces of shit software I have ever used (not much better on OSX). Randomly deletes your backup, shits files all over the user profiles (pain in the arse in environments with roaming profiles like ours), and you can't even gracefully back up content from the POS to do a PC changeover / reformat. This is why my iPhone only ever touches the admin mac at work.

Even in a home environment, I cannot see any actual benefit from owning one, unless you like to feel like a twat.

He hates the fact that he has to use i tunes for everything. Can't beat good old drag and drop.

& This is main reason why I rate my old $80 1GB generic USB mp3 player over any of the more recent fancy shit.

The other thing is almost every current music player on the market is using bulid in recharge batteries which to me always seem to run out/low on charge when I need it & hence I have to wait ages for it to charge.

The generic mp3 I got takes 1 AA battery & they seem to last me for months & you always have plenty around for a quck change.

O/T are there still portable music players on the market that does drag & drop & use normal AA/AAA batteries?

& This is main reason why I rate my old $80 1GB generic USB mp3 player over any of the more recent fancy shit.

The other thing is almost every current music player on the market is using bulid in recharge batteries which to me always seem to run out/low on charge when I need it & hence I have to wait ages for it to charge.

The generic mp3 I got takes 1 AA battery & they seem to last me for months & you always have plenty around for a quck change.

O/T are there still portable music players on the market that does drag & drop & use normal AA/AAA batteries?

I don't know about in Australia but it Japan at the moment you can buy Micro SD card Mp3 players for less than 1500yen (about $20). They use the inbuilt rechargable batteries but for that price you could just buy two and always have one recharging. All the music is on the micro SD which you can swap over so you are still only transferring your MP3's to one device (swapping the Micro SD card is easier than changing batteries). I think they take 32GB micro SD cards too which are now the cheapest per GB and will continue to get cheaper.

Who uses an iPod, seriously? Doesn't every person on earth have a smart phone now with oodles of memory? Why the heck would you carry a dedicated music player and a phone when your phone can do it for you?

I do..

Only Apple item I own/have ever owned and I still use it because it works nicely in the car and gym and has 160GB of music.

Certainly more music than my One X can handle lol

I do..

Only Apple item I own/have ever owned and I still use it because it works nicely in the car and gym and has 160GB of music.

Certainly more music than my One X can handle lol

Well if you need to carry 160Gb of music around with you, fair enough. I have 197Gb of music on my PC and I reckon I'd actually want maybe 1/10th of that with me at any one time at most. I think I have about 9Gb on my phone and 8Gb in my car (on USB plugged into head unit).