SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a mbp and its has the best display of any laptop I have ever used

Oh, just to this point, the Macbook screens are usually either Samsung or LG and are also available in other non-Mac laptops.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, just to this point, the Macbook screens are usually either Samsung or LG and are also available in other non-Mac laptops.

That could be the case but maybe it has something to do with the glass Apple use as opposed to plastic that I see on a lot of non Apple laptops that makes it look better, I dunno just a guess.

Also might add that I know jack shit about computers all I use them for is net, music and downloading shit, it's very possible I was doing it wrong on pc's. Mac's seem more user friendly for people like me who don't do a lot of technical stuff from my POV.

Edited by NISMATT

That could be the case but maybe it has something to do with the glass Apple use as opposed to plastic that I see on a lot of non Apple laptops that makes it look better, I dunno just a guess.

Also might add that I know jack shit about computers all I use them for is net, music and downloading shit, it's very possible I was doing it wrong on pc's. Mac's seem more user friendly for people like me who don't do a lot of technical stuff from my POV.

The 'plastic' is an anti-glare layer, otherwise the screens are the same. You can actually remove the anti-glare if you know what you are doing and surprise surprise they look the same underneath.

If you want to be a display snob at least make it something good like an eizo.

I play games so Macs are useless to me.

My dad bought a mac, he's such a fag.

My mac plays TF2 and that's the only game I play on computer.

In before computer vs. console debate.

I'm mostly a PC user but I bought a macbook a few months back and its great, just much more simpler to use etc. Haven't used my PC in a long time since I got it.

Edited by Dani Boi

The 'plastic' is an anti-glare layer, otherwise the screens are the same. You can actually remove the anti-glare if you know what you are doing and surprise surprise they look the same underneath.

If you want to be a display snob at least make it something good like an eizo.

It's glass.

And why in the world would anyone want to remove something that makes it better?

Call me a display snob if you like I think in this day and age things should look good and at a decent price.

It's glass.

And why in the world would anyone want to remove something that makes it better?

Call me a display snob if you like I think in this day and age things should look good and at a decent price.

You're a special kid aren't you?

It's the other screens that have the anti-glare.

Edited by DivHunter

I said I have a mbp and that was the screen I liked that I said has a glass on it.

You called it plastic, you were wrong.

Why the special kid comment is that your piss weak effort at insulting me? Save the insults for your dad.

I said I have a mbp and that was the screen I liked that I said has a glass on it.

You called it plastic, you were wrong.

1.jpg

Why the special kid comment is that your piss weak effort at insulting me? Save the insults for your dad.

2.jpg

LOL ^

disclaimer: I work in IT and unfortunately we are forced to run about 50 macs for art phags because they are "industry standard". hopefully with changing times ahead this might be reduced.

where do I start with Macs, aka baby's first computer, aka pcs for iDiots.

To start with they are designed with form over function; the last Sandy Bridge was hitting 98 degrees due to lack of ventilation LOL. I've also had 4 2009 imacs die lately from overheating, pretty much at random, requiring a GFX card replacement. GREAT build quality there. Neither Imacs nor Macbook Pros have adequate cooling, and the all in one form factor is a compromise at best, headf**k at worst.

The keyboards and mice are beyond bad, seriously are they developed for people with no coordination or ergonomics at all?

Shiny screens are seriously the stupidest thing ever, glare like a bitch and get noticeably dirty extremely easily.

I also do LOVE the irony of $3k laptops that come with 5400rpm HDDs, and $3k iMacs with regular HDDs too. Probably because their target market is the too lazy or too stupid to make an informed purchasing decision (in addition to brand whores and pretentious dickheads).

OSX is the biggest POS excuse for an operating system I have ever used. Those who tritely claim it never crashes are full of it. At least it's fairly straightforward to get data about what actually broke / recover the session on a pc unlike the endlessly spinning beach ball. Their management features have actually been going backwards in each successive version of OSX (which in itself is being steadily iOSified). The OS is inherently less secure than Windows (I LOVE it when people try to say "oh but macs dont get viruses"; thats because they've never had the market share for anyone to bother ffs), but at least Windows 7 these days is kept up to date with security patches, and Microsoft actually tell people when a vulnerability is found.

The main Adobe apps that most Mac users want / use run the exact same on a PC. Fair enough if you use Final Cut Pro, but even that's been dumbed down; the new industry standard, Premiere, is cross platform!

I have yet to have a mac user give me a legitimate reason as to why they are a) worth the ridiculous price and b) perform any better or as good as a pc of the same value. I do tend to find that they are the utterly pretentious "hipster" types who find it arty to print out year old memes that they have found on Tumblr and are also twitter users.

I also hate the non upgradability and the way Apple tries to lock you into their ecosystem. That said I do own an Iphone that never gets connected to the POS Itunes.

OSX is the biggest POS excuse for an operating system I have ever used. Those who tritely claim it never crashes are full of it. At least it's fairly straightforward to get data about what actually broke / recover the session on a pc unlike the endlessly spinning beach ball. Their management features have actually been going backwards in each successive version of OSX (which in itself is being steadily iOSified). The OS is inherently less secure than Windows (I LOVE it when people try to say "oh but macs dont get viruses"; thats because they've never had the market share for anyone to bother ffs), but at least Windows 7 these days is kept up to date with security patches, and Microsoft actually tell people when a vulnerability is found.

i laughed so hard when i recently saw a story about 2 mac viruses infecting a few hundred thousand macs only a few days/weeks apart