SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok I have had enough keep ragging on a company that is a trillion times more popular and successful than you will ever be, have fun i should have known better than to poke my head into the nerd section.

If one person in the entire world at least tolerates him Apple cannot be a trillion times more popular. Just saying.

Why bother arguing? I use Win 7 and MacOS X daily. And you know what the big horrible secret is?

THEY'RE THE f**kING SAME!!!

Anything good that Apple do, Microsoft copy, and vice versa, to the point where any clued up computer user can switch back and forth easily.

No, see a windows system won't screw over a mail server just by having an IMAP account with spotlight enabled. Or force security flaws on a network so sales tossers can infinite-dutch-rudder each other over the latest iDevice.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If one person in the entire world at least tolerates him Apple cannot be a trillion times more popular. Just saying.

Yeah you're right but that's a very big if. :D

Yeah you're right but that's a very big if. :D

Well I'm married, so surely that assumes my wife tolerates me?

Wait, my daughter certainly does! She's only 11 weeks old so hasn't the ability to not tolerate.... yet.

Winnar!

Yes but apple has only become well known over the past four'ish years or so, give it time and we'll see.

No one is asking you to buy the product, the world is full of stupid people who will pay that money for that ram upgrade and if people keep paying for it then apple will continue to sell it that price. You can hate apple because of the prices they put on their products but it still doesn't mean that OSX isn't a decent OS for the general home user.

Maybe great for a home user who isn't too well versed in computers and has little bit of extra money to spent on IT - no debate there. But Apple is still crap when it comes to corporate/professional use. Price vs. functionality/security/compatibility is just not there with Apple.

But remember - Apple products, like PCs are made by some kids (slaves) in China....

How is the arranged marriage going anyway? Not too weird yet?

Going great. The dowrie made it extra worth it. Her parents gave me a Macbook Pro! Perfect really, cause I needed a new chock for the laundry door.

You know what else? I've been partitioning my local MP to vote in favor of gay marriage cause I don't think it's fair that you'll never get to experience the joy of marrying the person you love.

Edited by Cowboy1600

Going great. The dowrie made it extra worth it. Her parents gave me a Macbook Pro! Perfect really, cause I needed a new chock for the laundry door.

You know what else? I've been partitioning my local MP to vote in favor of gay marriage cause I don't think it's fair that you'll never get to experience the joy of marrying the person you love.

Macbook air might be better suited as a doorstop as it's tapered I think.

And to the second point of yours while a nice try and I do mean that :rofl: , my contribution to hottest wives/gf's thread says otherwise.

got a macbook retina in at work today (of course one of the old 2009 ones has decided to have a mystery hardware error in OSX that makes it unusable at random, never eventuates in Windows gg Apple thermal management), whilst thinner, it's as heavy as our Dell Latitudes and the screen is f**king DARK on the default settings on AC power. The "retina" screen seriously does not look much different from a regular Macbook Pro unless held 15cm away from the face.

I do love that they have made it literally totally unserviceable though (unless there is some arcane method of removing batteries that only Apple Technicians are privy to), even IFixit rate it a 1/10. The fact that that nearly all connectivity apart from USB needs propietary Thunderbolt connectors that cost extra is hilarious too. Hoping that I might get a chance to run HeavyLoad on it to see how hot they get these days!

Also had a new Macbook Air in, it's thin, which is probably the best thing about it.

got a macbook retina in at work today (of course one of the old 2009 ones has decided to have a mystery hardware error in OSX that makes it unusable at random, never eventuates in Windows gg Apple thermal management), whilst thinner, it's as heavy as our Dell Latitudes and the screen is f**king DARK on the default settings on AC power. The "retina" screen seriously does not look much different from a regular Macbook Pro unless held 15cm away from the face.

I do love that they have made it literally totally unserviceable though (unless there is some arcane method of removing batteries that only Apple Technicians are privy to), even IFixit rate it a 1/10. The fact that that nearly all connectivity apart from USB needs propietary Thunderbolt connectors that cost extra is hilarious too. Hoping that I might get a chance to run HeavyLoad on it to see how hot they get these days!

Also had a new Macbook Air in, it's thin, which is probably the best thing about it.

i have one of the fist of the unibody macbook pro's so i'd say around 2009 model (can't remember when i got it lol), though my battery just lifts out with a little pull tab. anyway......

When i encode a video with Handbrake which uses both the cores of the Core 2 Duo and the cpu usage meter shows 100% on both. Within about 10 minutes you can no longer have the thing on your lap, and by the time it has encoded down a DVD around 45-50 minutes, the temp readout of the cpu is sitting on ~110 deg C and the alluminium body and keys around the QWER area are too hot to touch lol.

with a "HeavyLoad" test, i don't really know what this involves but if its pushing the gpu as well as the cpu then i'd say it would be almost unusably hot.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a MBA, 2 iPad2s an iPhone 3GS and 2 Samsung galaxy s2s, having worked as tech support for an ISP I hate windows with a passion.

The amount of dumb pc users who have no idea what OS they have is pathetic, ummm it's a dell? FFS it's not that hard.

Did the switch from pc in 05 and haven't looked back. I'm not a fanboy camping out for next iproduct, that's just silly.