SAU Community

Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 4 - Pi 21St July

emts

Oh well if it's not needed it's one less thing for people to do for their first track day.

this is it.

Less crap to get out to start with is good.

I should have gone pins by now but just been too lazy

basically once you get serious things like this are needed, but if you want to just try out, good on CAMS for making it easier.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if I was to rock down with a 500hp car rolling on linglongs and stock brakes with tired pads for DT...she'll be right yeah...??

I can always turn the boost down a little, maybe even splurge on some front pads , or is that not funny :unsure:

Actually - PI is the easiest track in Vic on brakes so it's less of a concern there.

Engine condition (sufficient cooling etc) and front right tyres is what you need to worry about at this place.

lol ARTZ you will be fine. Just make sure the old isn't 50000000000000tly years old and you have plenty of it in the sump.

fyi I have pins, but only recently since things have got a little more serious.

I'm kinda new to track days (only done 2 Winton days and a handful of Deca's) but I'm itching to get on the track to test the cars new power.. Are beginners welcome or is it mostly going to be more experienced people on the track?

Mind you I will probably just be opting for the driver training on the day..

I dont have any tyres so if someone is doing DT and wants an Instructor I would be stoked to get out on the track and try not to confuse you :)

ARTZ, I will check my box of tricks I may have some spare Endless CCX pads for std brakes

Roy your a legend bud..I would take you up on both offers :)

however may have missed the boat...silly me didnt realize cams license was needed for this events..can apply tomorrow but may be too late hey...

Either way I will be there though ..

I'm kinda new to track days (only done 2 Winton days and a handful of Deca's) but I'm itching to get on the track to test the cars new power.. Are beginners welcome or is it mostly going to be more experienced people on the track?

Mind you I will probably just be opting for the driver training on the day..

Mate people turn up in mums camry. That is what groups are for. Just put down u have never been to PI before.

Mate people turn up in mums camry. That is what groups are for. Just put down u have never been to PI before.

No worries, thanks for clearing that up mate.

I also don't have a cams license, I printed off the L2S application form & plan on faxing it off tomorrow but I can't see myself receiving my card in the mail in time for the event. I noticed on the last page it has a small cut out at the bottom that says "30-day level 2 license" "This is a 30-day license only, valid from the time your car club rep signs it. CAMS Corporate services will forward your official 12-month level 2 license directly to you."

Am I right in assuming if I bring that small cut out (whilst I wait for my proper CAMs license to arrive) along with a current SAU membership card, a SAU rep can fill that out for me on the day to approve me to go on the track?

hmm cannot say I have ever seen that b4

I would email wrx club as I belive they accept cams application on the day if you have your SAU card with you

m

Am I right in assuming if I bring that small cut out (whilst I wait for my proper CAMs license to arrive) along with a current SAU membership card, a SAU rep can fill that out for me on the day to approve me to go on the track?

yes thats what Ive been told to do too.... :thumbsup:

now all I need to find is my damn membership number ...why people insist on stealing my wallet when I never have any money in it is beyond me :domokun:

now all I need to find is my damn membership number ...why people insist on stealing my wallet when I never have any money in it is beyond me :domokun:

you will need your membership card as well.

number is not enough

so when you turn up at the track they will ask for membership card and cams license.

I renewed mine this week when I got the reminder letter, does the membership card have to be current? I only have last year's card...

yes it does.

you should have been sent a letter after you paid your renewal with a new date stamp for it.

Yeah I messaged Dan about a new card 4 months ago, was meant to pick it up at dyno day but couldn't make it..was hoping it would come with my renewal but alas..Have pmd Dan again..Hurry up Dan..I will come pick it up If I have too. ;)

Yeah I messaged Dan about a new card 4 months ago, was meant to pick it up at dyno day but couldn't make it..was hoping it would come with my renewal but alas..Have pmd Dan again..Hurry up Dan..I will come pick it up If I have too. ;)

Is that you that made the $5 deposit last week on 5th July?