SAU Community

Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 4 - Pi 21St July

emts

Umm ok...no C.O.D option.. :P

How much is it 5$..paid to the usual account..

Yup $5. Same account as where you pay your membership.

Otherwise meet up with Dan at the Garage Cafe and get it done all at once

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, just let me know when you made the payment and when I see it, I'll let Dan know asap

Looks like I spotted another problem, I just realised my SAU membership has just expired in June..

I have just renewed online via the SAUVic website and transferred the $50 renew fee to SAUVic.

Any chance this can be fast tracked so I can get my SAU VIC card before the event?

Thanks!

Yep done..just handed CAMS my papers so should have license mid next week...

just awaiting reply from WRX club. ..

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Are WRX people usually this slow?

Cheers for the help fellas .:thumbsup:

Just some real life data: I sent my CAMS Tuesday morning this week, and received it this arvo.

So still plenty of time to get your CAMS sorted.

So just read a review and in the same dry test on a track the KU36 was only 0.2sec slower then the AD08 and are about half the price. They claim they actually have more grip but dont have the feel or stability of the AD08 so in some of the quick changes of direction the car wallowed a little. Tempting to try and get some 275 rears and 255 fronts. Have to do some ringing around in the morning

Looks like I spotted another problem, I just realised my SAU membership has just expired in June..

I have just renewed online via the SAUVic website and transferred the $50 renew fee to SAUVic.

Any chance this can be fast tracked so I can get my SAU VIC card before the event?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you, just renewed my licence today and emailed Dan - waiting to hear back what we should do to make sure that we can still buy our cams licence on the day.

So just read a review and in the same dry test on a track the KU36 was only 0.2sec slower then the AD08 and are about half the price. They claim they actually have more grip but dont have the feel or stability of the AD08 so in some of the quick changes of direction the car wallowed a little. Tempting to try and get some 275 rears and 255 fronts. Have to do some ringing around in the morning

Most guys rate the RSR's over the KU's. I've had a good run with KU's though.

My issue with the KU's and heard same from mean people, was that after a few heat cycle they went rock hard. plenty of tread on them but all grip went to shit.

the RSR's on the other had had just as much grip new but lasted out their whole life and had a reasonable wear rate.

I'm now moving to semi's starting with R888's and seeing how they work.

Gotta try a few b4 I can decide what I like .

I think it must depend on how you drive it and how you treat the tyre, with regards to how youre bringing it to temp etc.

Our mate Johnny has been running his 32 on 235 KUs around winton, the tyres have done literally 8 sprint days. Between me and him doing double entered sprint days and him now doing quite a few more the tyre life has been awesome for him. Plus some street driving.

On the Queens birthday weekend his tyres were farked. Edges gone and tyres were almost slicks. I dont believe you can get a 1:38 on 'rock hard' KUs. A PB for him and the car that day. He also completed the second most amount of laps out of 80 cars that day. Crazy kid.

I love the KUs, I think theyre great. Ill definitely give the RSRs a go when im due for tyres. See what theyre like as well. Hopefully they come in wide 17s.

edit: One thing I have noticed is that the grip really drops off after 3-4 laps if you slide alot with the KUs.

well I did a little over 20 track/deca days last year on a set of RSR's consistent the whole time. including wrx days with 40ish laps for the day.

my KU's lasted around 13 but were def not the best towards the end.

and when last time I checked the KU's were more expensive my choice was easy.

And yet i thought the RS-R were rubbish compared to AD08 having used both on the GTR :D

It's horses for courses, i drove the ass off my AD08s for 12 months doing all manner of activities and they lasted better than i expected and performed well in all conditions (stuff like Mt Baw Baw sprints, i was only 40 sec off prepped/stripped tarmac EVOs on semis over 9-10min run).

Thats good. The Advan stuff seems to be sooo pricey though. Would also be keen to see how the Dunlops Snowy just suggested go; considering their victory in SL clubsprint class. They must be decent!

Whats a set of ADs worth? GTR specs

lol, tyre talk. Mine is bigger than all of yours!

I've done a 38 at Winton on KU's, 595RSR and AD08's.

The biggest difference between KU's and the other two is that KU drop off during the session something shocking. 1-2 lap flyers, even in the cold weather. RSR last long into the session and AD08's last pretty much the whole session without change.

With the RSR I could bank a couple of 38's a session, with the KU's you would get one and the AD08's basically every lap.

(this is the with old power level and no areo, I need to get back to winton and see what 70kw extra and some aero does...!)

Doing consistent 3-4 laps on KU is very hard and good luck if you can do it.

- Like the soft feel of KU's, they let go very progressively and scream their nuts off

- LIke the grip from the RSR's, but they give little notice when they are going to break away

- Like the AD08's as they last forever and have the progressive feel to them

Dave will be out at the Island on the 21st with a set of RS3's after being on both KU's and RSR. So he should be able to give good feedback.

The old finger nail into tread test sees the RS3's as very farkn soft compared to the all the others.

This is doing my head in. So the RS3 are cheaper then the AD08 and 595RSR...so maybe these would be the go. I have to go local if I want to enter PI, or can import and go with a saving.

And may I just add, I dont begrudge anybody a living. Good on them being able to make a comfortable living...but I got soem local vs import prices for RS3s and they still come out$200 cheaper if you import them :(... Crazy!!!! Long live the internet.

Oh and Artz...no dice re pads....it seems I made the offer to someone else previously and never got them back :( Leon got my old spare calipers so whatever Sumitomo pads I had left I think they were in those GTR calipers. I do have some F40s with near new pads though :)