SAU Community

Torque Pro (Obd2) Android

As the name states, has anyone used torque pro android app with a obd 2 Bluetooth module?

I ordered a 14pin to obd 2 cable for $7 and elm327 for $18.

This would be awesome to display gauges and also check fault codes on a Samsung galaxy s3.

Car r33 gtst s2

I tried this combo on my Galaxy S and it seemed to not be able to connect.

Perhaps the newer updates to Torque Pro may have changed something but I haven't tried again recently. I don't think our cars are listed in the models that are compatible.

I now have a Galaxy S2 and recent updates.

I will try again soon.

Edited by Not a Pulsar

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I really wish I had found this page before I bought the cheap ELM327. It works well in my mates Subaru but as noted above, not at all in my Stagea. I wrote a careful explanation to the Chinese ebay vendor this morning... and with inscrutable oriental wisdom and a fake western girls name they wrote back that they had sent me another equally useless unit... if anyone wants a cheap one...

I like Torque and its features ... and I like cheap electronic units... and I hate companies that pervert standards...

But I am talking to HKS and ECUtalk to try another approach.

OB-link looks more like what I want ... cannot imagine the little woman holding the laptop somehow....

• 2 weeks later...

To kill all of this someone should just make a device that can convert consult to OBD2 and all is over, Innovative motor sports or any for that matter that uses the obd2 method to monitor through our smart phones. OBD2 is an international standard and it should be easy.