SAU Community

Has Anyone Used These Achilles 123 Semi Slick Tyre

Im using Achilles too. Jax seems to be using them on their drift car so i said why not try them. They suck ass in the wet but seem ok in the dry. Best of the shittest maybe?

My apologies, I take full responsibility for my comments on the tyres.. I actually have the ATR Sports on my car NOT the 123s...

Fail... :unsure:

On the other hand, my friend with the 4G63T Mirage still lights up 3rds with those tyres and he's manage to blow up his centre locking plate and chew up his gearbox too.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the tread wear rating on the 123's?

Considering using them in the track Battle later this year as the class I would be entering stipulates a tread wear rating of 120 & over so that rulles my R888's out....

Wes

There rating is 220.

Does anyone know the tread wear rating on the 123's?

Considering using them in the track Battle later this year as the class I would be entering stipulates a tread wear rating of 120 & over so that rulles my R888's out....

Wes

Looks like the 123s are S spec style. I'd imagine the Federal 595RSRs would be a fair bit grippier than the 123s (treadwear 140 IIRC). R888s are R spec, so in a different class.

Yep the R888'S are in a different class altogether however the Street Class which I will enter rules them out unfortunately......A guy I met up at Wanneroo a few months back was running fresh 123's said he had previously run the Fed 595RSR's and found them to be of similar performance at the track. This has got me curious about trying them as I was pleasantly surprised at the performance verse cost of my current Achillies ATR Sports which I run on the street.

Wes

Yep the R888'S are in a different class altogether however the Street Class which I will enter rules them out unfortunately......A guy I met up at Wanneroo a few months back was running fresh 123's said he had previously run the Fed 595RSR's and found them to be of similar performance at the track. This has got me curious about trying them as I was pleasantly surprised at the performance verse cost of my current Achillies ATR Sports which I run on the street.

Wes

Yeah the 220 treadwear on them doesnt reflect there actual level going by what people have said about them as there similar to rsr standard.

You can light up almost any tyre in high hp fwd

This guy, he knows.

I can't comment on the 123's yet, but the ATR sports are very surprising. I run 19's on my stagea and 17's on my 34. The Stagea covers about 1000km a week and have had them on the car for about 6 months. I would say the tread depth is still above 85%. They are very grippy for price and not excessively noisy.

On the 34 they are also very impressive. Grip mid corner is impressive as well as grip when sideways. They also seem to love being punished. The only gripe I have with them is that the centre tread strip had chunks ripped out of them on a skid pan. Still have a heap of tread left on them after all that.

Sorry for the bump - but I am using 123S - they are semi slick tires "cheap version" I've done 2 track days and I will say it is quite impressive, in addtion a lot of meat left - grippy and wears ok, If you are a track person whos lacking of $$$$ - Highly recommend - I am getting new set for higher profile

• 4 weeks later...

just a word of advice to anyone running the 123's.. they ARE a grippy tyre but when they are brand spanking new and just fitted they are slippery as shit. they need a bit of a 3rd gear light up to scrub the shit off them then they are grippy. bit hard to do that on the front or 4wd cars tho. so on a road car they probably need a good 500 kms of driving before they are at their best,

in a rwd car, 20 psi rears in a 265 and you'll struggle to spin 1st gear LOL. they are unreal for the money

hahahah yeah she is plenty loud enough, it only runs a cannon but I mean I only hear them with the windows down and slowing down for the lights etc kinda reminds me of the sound of a 4wd with mud tires hahaha.

Simon your right though when I first fitted them come out of the shop blipped the throttle and wheel spin then GRIPPPPPPPPP

Theyre on my track car. Did 2 track days on them and found them great. Dunno about wet traction, but dry is pretty good. Definitely need decent warm up to bring out the grip. I have them set at 35psi hot.

• 2 months later...