SAU Community

500Kw+ Club

NXTIME

The T62R weighs nothing compared to a similar turbo from garret. That's why HKS charged the arse out of them when they went of sale. Its 8kgs lighter than the T88-38GK we were originally gonna run.

That is weight, not size. Always thought (still can't see any reason not to think really) that buying a GT4508R with a TiAL SS VBand turbine housing would be basically the same thing?! Changing that housing from the filthy big industrial thing that comes from Garrett is meant to reduce the overall turbo weight by about 33pc apparently.

T88 is a totally different turbo from a totally different manufacturer, glad you didn't go there!

Yeah i'm really glad we never ran with the T88-38GK, the T62R is an awesome turbo still have not found the limit on it yet so looking forward to when it finally peaks out at.

I read that the Tial SS housing were considerably lighter as well, i was going to run there rear housing on my SR20 when i decide what turbo I am running, my exhaust manifold has the 3 Tial V-Band on it. Those big monster Garrets require a massive beefy manifolds to support them other wise the start cracking the old stainless one e.g Trust manifold I am currently running.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Time for a new member.

-Twin 6258 EFR's

-Tomei 2.8lt Stroker kit with Custom 87mm JE pistons

-Advan Performance Ported Race Head

-Jun 264 x 10.5m Cams

-Full Tomei Valvetrain

-Hypertune Plenum 6 x ITB

-Plazmaman 100mm Intercooler

-Full Race Manifolds

-ID2000cc Injectors

-Motec M600 ECU

-M & W CDI Ignition with Weapon X CDI Coils

-3 x Bosch 044 fuel pumps

-Peterson 4 stage Dry Sump Setup

-4 Inch Exhaust

-OS Giken Triple Plate Clutch

-Holinger 6spd Sequential with Ignition Cut

-Tuned by Phil Armour Motorsport

post-53650-0-66074300-1368871736_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That is a hell of a power delivery, very nice - should be a monster to drive! Did the other car get a go?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

You're not taking into consideration the weight of the 6-pot caliper/355mm rotor fronts & 4-pot caliper/320mm rotor rears! ;)

R32 GTRs are A LOT lighter than R34 GTRs... We are unable to run smaller than 20" rims on NITTO due to the massive brakes. We cannot put 20" semis on it either as they simply won't clear the rear guards (not keen on damaging the House of Kolor paint!)

Ive got 380mm alcons sitting behind 18" ame tm02s?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got 380mm alcons sitting behind 18" ame tm02s?

And i just found out my 375 x 36mm alcon rotors on le mans daytona prototype monoblock billet alcon 6pots sit behind 17" TE37's.

355s with 20" rims, you should be able to fit a small child between the caliper and rim.

And i just found out my 375 x 36mm alcon rotors on le mans daytona prototype monoblock billet alcon 6pots sit behind 17" TE37's.

355s with 20" rims, you should be able to fit a small child between the caliper and rim.

its another excuse to why it didnt perform after all the hype that they put on it

• 2 weeks later...

With all the massive power being made, I think it's time for a 500+kw(wheels) to see what has been tried and tested, and to compare combinations, similar to the 400kw thread.

List as much of your mods as you wish as the more info the better: engine, turbo,cams, boost etc etc

I will start:

RB26 stock block

Apexi SPL V-Max 73.7mm billet crank

Apexi SPL V-Max rods

HKS Step 3 87mm with 22mm pins

Apexi SPL V-Max 290 11.5mm cams

Apexi SPL V-Max Springs, retainers & lifters

Supertech +1mm valves

9.0:1 CR

HKS twin GT3240 + twin gates turbo kit

Trust sump (modified)

External single stage Moroso oil pump (wet)

Apexi SPL V-Max Drag intercooler (150mm)

3" dumps > single 85mm exhaust

Microtech LT12S

3 x 044's + large surge tank

6 x Bosch Indy Blues

Caltex E85

520rwkw on 22psi on a very safe tune, no cam timing, and low rev limit.

Plenty more in it with more tuning, boost, revs and cam timing, but this will do for now.

any more updates on this setup