SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

Yes mate........ Forum member PM'd me and I bought it.

They need a band expander to pick up all our FM channels and double diversity male and female connectors.

With the aerial being in the front screen, the reception can be a bit inconsistent.

It's great to have but I'm tempted to put the ADM Clarion unit in. It was what they fitted to the Aussie delivered cars straight out of the Maxima's.

That way it's period correct and looks stock but works a lot better.

Bob.

Well if you ever want to get rid of that unit - just let me know - will pay a fair price......

and great tip on the Maxima radio - there's a local Nissan wrecker where I might have a look...

Cheers

The Baron

Good news......... My wheels came back from the wheel repairer.

Really happy...... Perfect colour and egg shell finish as I requested per original.

Fitting brand new Bridgestone RE002's in 245/45/17's as per OEM early next week.

BTW.... If any of you guys are thinking of buying tyres, now is the time to do it.

Bridgestone are running a special. My tyres in that size are normally $279.00.

Got them for $225.00, but it gets better than that.

Until April 12, if you buy 3 you get the 4th for FREE!!!!!!!!

Normal price for 4 tyres - $1116.00

Special price/promotion for 4 tyres until April 12 - $675.00 fitted and balanced.

Huge difference........ Cheers.......Bob.

post-78207-0-33629200-1395902091_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Bit of an update although the lack of light beat me so the pics are poor.

After a bit over two weeks, the car's back from the panel shop and I'm really pleased.

They looked after me really well.

I'll post up some more detailed pics over the weekend but at least the front now looks half reasonable.

It was really a dogs breakfast when I got it.

All the correct badging is back on the car and I got the rear wheels on.

More in a few days......

Bob.

post-78207-0-64003100-1397116005_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-98758500-1397116006_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-14342800-1397116008_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-48613400-1397116009_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-26634800-1397116015_thumb.jpg

Hi guys!

I'm only new to the forums and recently acquired my first R32 GTR and it so happens to be a V-spec I. (can confirm with ID tag, ill put that up when i get home)

I bought the car about a month ago from a older gentlemen! He provided me with all the import papers which is cool too.

Very happy with the car, It's a pleasant change compared to my previous cars.

It has Nismo bonnet lip and skirts. Another thing i noticed it has a vspec II boot lid rather the original. Car is mechanically sound and underneath the car is extremely tidy! One of the cleanest ive seen.

It's fairly stockish, exceptions being exhaust, hks filters, jtc circuit damper coilovers, Hid kit and hks boost gauge.

I got the car home and the hks filters were perished, so I went on a bit of a spending spree. I didnt want to change the car alot, just a few reliable mods.

Car also came with a apexi avcr not intsalled, It has a boost tee which i will throw in the bin and replace it with the apexi.

Bought

HKS racing suction kit
(had to pull turbos off and noticed the front turbo had more than normal shaft play so upgraded them to N1 shafts/wheels, My mate and I rebuilt them)

Hpi dumps (may aswell while turbos are off)
Trust Oil filter relocation kit
Got motul 300v chrono oil

And future plans might be a nistune or pfc, otherwise thats it performance-wise. I'm not big on over the top modifications as i once use to be.

I have a couple of pics, there not the best. But you may have seen this on carsales.

Wheels have been refurbished, actually looks quite good with the charcoal centres. I might get them back to silver and contemplating whether to paint the front lip back to satin black or leave it silver.

1940014_10152299675108984_1546001199_n.j
1511628_10152299674628984_103017048_n.jp

• Like 1

Whilst mine has the N1 inserts, I not really a fan.

I can't justify sourcing another bar and I've just repainted it anyway so I'm just going to have to put up with it.

Here are a few better pics than on Thursday.

You can compare the before and after wheel refurb. Darker back to stock silver.

Cheers,

Bob.

post-78207-0-80754500-1397287513_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-80529900-1397287515_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-20208500-1397287517_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-82195300-1397287518_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-13112200-1397287520_thumb.jpg

post-78207-0-50016000-1397287521_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I'm tryin to decipher my mate's chassis plate. Can you please help me on the end part.

post-40722-0-02724100-1397289189_thumb.jpg

So towards the end

X is Gtr

F is 5 speed

S is turbo intercooled

L is fog lamps (are these operated of the cluster?)

No number so V Spec 1

M is rear wiper less

Z is N1?

G what is this?

Bob your wheels look awesome! much better in the factory silver!

Did they get powder coated? After seeing yours I much prefer the original look. Do you know what paint code they used for the wheels?

No....... Just painted in two pack but if you ever get them repainted, make sure they flatten the clear-coat.

Originally they were not real glossy, probably semi gloss.

I was lucky because I had a telescopic golf ball retriever which was IDENTICAL in colour and texture to the original wheels.

They painted them to match that. It was in my car when I helped my son get tyres on his car.

A V-spec 1 was parked in the tyre centre and I got it out and put it next to the wheels.

They must of thought I was mad but I didn't care. I just wanted the wheels done in the correct finish and colour.

Some refer to the flatter look as an "Egg Shell" finish.

Yeah....... I'm not a fan of darker wheels. I'm too old school........

Bob.

No....... Just painted in two pack but if you ever get them repainted, make sure they flatten the clear-coat.

Originally they were not real glossy, probably semi gloss.

I was lucky because I had a telescopic golf ball retriever which was IDENTICAL in colour and texture to the original wheels.

They painted them to match that. It was in my car when I helped my son get tyres on his car.

A V-spec 1 was parked in the tyre centre and I got it out and put it next to the wheels.

They must of thought I was mad but I didn't care. I just wanted the wheels done in the correct finish and colour.

Some refer to the flatter look as an "Egg Shell" finish.

Yeah....... I'm not a fan of darker wheels. I'm too old school........

Bob.

Yeah that's cool,

I manage a paint shop and I got nothing to really go off, It's a shame mine have been repainted.

Might have to try a extremely fine silver metallic with a flattening base . Thanks though, by the way your r32 is gorgeous