SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

• 2 weeks later...

So I now have my R32 V Spec II N1. I picked it up on Thursday. I'm incredibly happy with it. I thought that I would share a few quick interesting things I have noticed so far with everyone.

Firstly the really obvious stuff

- brembo brakes

- rear wind screen delete

- N1 headlights

- no mesh covering the intercooler.

- no abs, obviously a big space in the engine bay where it would have been.

- Nismo front bumper lip

Some more interesting things that I didn't expect

- the front caster arms have a air deflector on them to divert air to the brakes. This might be on the nismos too? The backing plates to the discs only cover half the disc, to allow for the redirected air to flow over them.

- there is no rear strut brace and it was like that from the factory. The back boot panels that go over the top of the top of the rear suspension do not have any holes in them for there to even be able to put a strut brace in.

- the front left bumper vents are blocked off from behind for some reason and it looks factory.

- only the top of the factory airbox is painted. The bottom is just raw metal. Looking on google this is not unheard of, so probably a v spec thing I guess.

- looks like a factory block. But I need to get that confirmed.

Driving, it has quite a bit of lag. However runs a lot higher boost than my old stock 89 r32 Gtr. So I'm guessing it has ar 0.64 turbos. It is quite a bit faster than a stock r32 Gtr.

That's it for now. I'm sure there a million other little things that I haven't noticed yet.

The above photos are of the factory looking air deflectors on my N1. These photos dont really seem to to them justice. Has anyone ever seen these before as a factory fitment on an R32?

Same deflectors in mine.

Another one heaps of people miss - check your wiper washer bottle in the engine bay. Will only have a place for one pump where as normal GTR's have 2, one for the front wiper spray and one for the rear.

Also no radio controls on the dash console.

Different brake master cylinder (1 less line due to no ABS)

Mine has no boot carpets at all other than the boot floor covering the spare.

The rest of the stuff is the same on mine, bar the brembo's. These were a V-spec addition, not an N1/Nismo so all 92/92 N1's didn't have Brembo's factory fitted.

Mine actually had a set added aftermarket, but took them off and replaced them with Sumitomo's to keep it as genuine as possible.

I've got the same deflectors (i.e. the bolt on type too). Cool aren't they?

These are parts 4118205U00 and 4118305U00. Not sure that they're a part that's unique to N1's or V-Spec models though.

post-97322-0-72871100-1377677354_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My 32 Gtr V-spec

Bnr 305###

Model KBNR32RBFSAA

Produced 7/93

Was Grey from factory

As it has been alot of debate in this thread so far i thought i would throw my 20cents in. For upgrades, i have seen a Nissan brochure, which i missed out on buying, but it showed all the upgrades you could add onto your v-spec, it only 5 pages unlike the other ones that have been in this thread, it showed, recaro seats, different gear knobs, nismo dash's, nismo areo add on's, knee padding, two stage lift up center console lids, nismo strut bracing, exhausts ect. I was pretty devoed when i missed out on buying this in an auction by $10 as i havent seen another one since.

Anyways my car, came from factory from what i have gathered "factory optioned"

Interior:- recaro "blimp" seats, GTR 320km dash, nismo white dial center gauges

Engine:- 24U N1 Motor, Nismo front mount oil cooler ( The one that sits beside the half size air con condensor ), Nismo 100mm cooler, Nismo 2.5in into 3in merge, Nismo 3.5in into 3.75in exhaust,

Body:- Nismo front and rear strut braces, nismo brake support, Has N1 reo (but i think the bar has been replaced somewhere along the lines as there are no inserts now), in the boot it had 24U sickered, peferated foam stuff covering the steel plate between the back seat

The car has had a heap of aftermarket stuff added on to it,

28/60-10 turbos

hi power 3in from turbo dump pipes

hi power 3in merge into 3.5in

greddy intake manifold

modified trust oil relocation kit

hks 280 10.5mm lift

tomie cam gears

greddy hard pipe kit

hks sequental bov's

power fc (soon to be chamged to motec, power fc will be up for sale with afm's)

nismo twin plate clutch

cusco coil overs 8 stage adjustable dual spring

cusco cradle bushes

cusco sway bars front and rear

nismo braided clutch line

nismo braided brake lines

nismo slave cylinder

dba 5000 series 2 peice rotors

endless brake pads (squeal like a bitch)

R33 N1 Gear box

trust mushroom filters

trust gracer rear pods

had trust gracer side skirts (now n1 copys going on)

N1 boot lip

N1 front bonnet lip

Blitz frp N1 style cut out bonnet (very defectable in qld)

Plus other crap i cant remeber

I didnt know much about my car when i bought it, it was a box of suprises, stuff that i thought was after market, once i did alot of research though nissan and various articles and brochures i found out alot of it was "apparently" factory.. I didnt even know that it was a v-spec when i bought it, just thought it was a seriuosly modded gtr that went quick !

A bit about my car, when it lived in japan it had a bit of a hard life and was "apparently" used as a privateer weekend track car, as i am third owner in australia and i knew the second owner, i only found this out as when i was changing the original paper speakers over, i found weld marks, from what i am presuming are from where they cut a cage out, and harness points still in the car in where the rear seat belts get bolted in. So this made me look a bit deeper in to my car, where i found gauge sensors and wiring, that had the gauges cut off them, obviously to import ect. As i still have all the original import papers i tracked down the first owner who i found out had the car personally imported, as he wanted a weekend warrior, and found this thing over in japan and had it brought to australia. He actually never got to put it around the track as he split up with his wife and sold the car within 3 months of having it landed. Then my mate bought it, had it for a year did 10,000kms in it and lost his license for 18months and nearly lost the car, had it painted blue and when he got his license back, was told by qld trans that he had to go onto p's and couldnt drive it, so he got the shit and then sold it on to me.

Since owning it, i have put the R33 N1 Box in it, greddy manifold, trust oil relocation kit on it and am currently in the process of putting N1 side skirts on it and trying to find a factory Gtr bonnet to put back on it, as i got defected for the frp one.

Oh and mine also has those wind delfectors on the castor arms and it also has air guides in the windage \ under tray

Here are some pics

Bnr32gtr

Ps for any Queensland based Gtr owners, come join our group on facey
Edited by 30TRB

In reply to

Not sure this has been said already but the difference in the Attessa was a rumor and is not correct, there is no difference in the Attessa standard GTR and Vspec. Check out this link with letters from Nissan Japan.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/415962-r32-gt-r-v-spec-differences-and-specs-nissan-japans-advice-to-me/

Only Differences the Vspec has over the Standard GTR are the Tyre-Rubbers, Rims & Brakes.

Edited by GTRAAH

With regard to

Hi Jason,

Have a quick look back at page 1 of this thread for info regarding 'V-Spec' N1's - there is some information regarding the 'model' number stamped on the blue plate on the firewall in the engine bay.

With regard to non-'V-Spec' N1's (i.e. the 1991 models), according to http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/info/chassis_plate.html the blue plate model number should be KBNR32RXFS7 ZN (I believe that the ZN is required at the end to qualify as an N1, which is contrary to the info from that page, but then again it is incomplete with regard to option codes). There is an option code list and model code list in FAST but my 32 bit copy got thrown out with my 32 bit laptop. Chef, can you help with this? Your Japanese is probably better than mine.

The model code on the blue plate is the only way to determine 100% if an R32 GT-R is an N1 model. Everything else can be faked.

I Know for a fact that article is wrong in colour cases, Mine is KL0 from factory and this is what it should be NOT white

KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic

Your car looks nuts 30TRB.

That options brochure would be amazing to have - it would knock a lot of the conjecture that's out there on it's head. At least we know that such a beast exists though. I'm going to start searching now. Was it on eBay?

Your car looks nuts 30TRB.

That options brochure would be amazing to have - it would knock a lot of the conjecture that's out there on it's head. At least we know that such a beast exists though. I'm going to start searching now. Was it on eBay?

Yea mate it certainly was, i have been looking mate for the last year or so, like every second day. i think its pretty rare, as it would be maybe only 3000 every made and prob 2500 wrecked now..

on the link i posted under my pics, there is an older bloke who has a black 32 vspec with every nismo option from factory, full nismo areo kit, n1 motor the lot, would be worth bulk coin ! and its been really looked after like factory except the aftermarket nismo rims, its unbelivable

• 5 weeks later...

All N1s were white, with a ZN chassis code.

Yes and No :)

All where white, but

91-92 N1's had a chassis code ending in ZN

93-94 N1's which were built off of the v-spec cars had a chassis code ending in ZY