SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

Shivam man. Y u know unbolt them wipers off????

Paint those parts outside away from the car otherwise the risk of paint spatter from the spray paint is almost inevitable.

Probably should have in retrospect. The lower arms themselves however have perfect paint so didn't need to get done anyway.

Made sure there was plenty of margain for error. Managed to get it done without any splatter. It was only a small area that needed re-spray,

I felt like playing it risky. It payed off. Won't be doing any more work like this on the car :)

It's all good man at least you update your build thread.

Ohsnap

Give him some space man, he's considering re-shelling. Man's going through hard drives. Needs love & support.

Pics of the trim below. Hard to take pics of it. Bit of dust has settle but you get the idea.

IMG_3090_zps16e776a9.jpg

IMG_3089_zps8bca0f50.jpg

• Like 1

A bit of precursor to finally giving the engine bay a bit of attention. Nice shiny new Racepace motor is being let down by tired, scratched paint.

So the radiator cap saga. Original Nismo radiator cap was starting to weep a tiny bit. Replaced with GKTech one. GKTech one loses it's sticker and starts to look crap.

Check it out - Billet Radiator Cap "Cover"

IMG_3085_zps43ba4b86.jpg

Surprised myself. It looks the goods.

IMG_3086_zps80c05f4c.jpg

Strut brace bar was looking a bit shabby too with some scratches.

IMG_3092_zps45ca7adc.jpg

Now in satin black.

IMG_3095_zps4400e12f.jpg

Prep of engine bay will hopefully start this weekend.

TE37's ("Touring Evolution"). Loved them ever since I laid eyes on them.

Wheels changed over ready for the SAU Vic Motorkhana on the 28th. Happy I didn't sell the 17" 's. Can never have too many sets of these.

IMG_3098_zps81cf96bd.jpg

What I lack in imagination with my wheel choice I will make up for in quantity. Another set in 10" wide classic bronze maybe?

A great article on Speedhunters on TE37's.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/05/touring-evolution-the-volk-racing-te37/

• Like 2

Just finished reading through this mate. Great build.

I love that you're paying attention to the little things and doing a lot of it yourself. Much better than the builds that people just pay for.

Thanks mate :)

Went to Import Monster last weekend.

IMG_3110_zpsc3012a8b.jpg

A dangerous place for the wallet to be.

Picked up some sticky AD08R's for track events. Can't wait to try them out.

IMG_3122_zpsdeabe6c0.jpg

Will be needing some downforce this year. Time to put the standard boot lid + spoiler painted.

• Like 1

how did it go on? im looking at getting one as well.

3M double sided tape. I tried yanking it off and the bonnet starts to bend & give way first so it'll definitely stay on with just quality tape.

There are also screws holes in the back but I didn't bother drilling holes into my bonnet.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate :)

Went to Import Monster last weekend.

IMG_3110_zpsc3012a8b.jpg

A dangerous place for the wallet to be.

Picked up some sticky AD08R's for track events. Can't wait to try them out.

IMG_3122_zpsdeabe6c0.jpg

Will be needing some downforce this year. Time to put the standard boot lid + spoiler painted.

they will be unreal mate. Pretty much like semi slicks once heat in the tyres

Will be awesome for you

If I ever go to import monster I won't return lol

• Like 1