SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

Wanna swap role cages? I love the look of yours through the back window.

Roll cage rice? ;)

It's one of the more comprehensive bolt-in cages I've seen, out of Japan. Apart from being bolted into the floor, it's also bolted into the front, upper seat belt bolts on each side.

Made by a company called Carbing, probably long out of production.

That sticker on the top bar proudly proclaims in Engrish something like "Carbing - Enjoy Motorsport Spirits" (or something to that effect)

InspectionPhoto7RollCage_zps6af00f0c.jpg

Still have the parts for the front section.

What's the deal in VIC with having a full cage on the road?

Got these interior storage mats today. Thanks for the heads up Anfanee!

IMG_2944_zpsd1b8587a.jpg

Was 30c today. Finally got the aircon sorted since I got the car. Regassed with new seals/valves with Hychill.

IMG_2940_zps61a6c379.jpg

As far as i'm concerned. The car is as luxurious as a Bentley now.

• Like 1

How cold is it with the Hychill? I got mine regassed across the road and I'm not very impressed! I keep telling myself it's an old car, but I definitely think it could be better.

Pretty cold (so far). Cost me 205 dorra. How much was it across the road? I gave them the history of the car. They put an amusing disclaimer at the bottom of the receipt. Don't blame them really.

IMG_2952_zps68d36ac2.jpg

Seeing water temps at around 100c (on the HKS gauge), (93c on the Power FC), sitting in traffic.

I'm dropping it off @Racepace to get a couple of things done including taking a look at the fan clutch which might not be engaging. Also going to get a radiator fan shroud.

IMG_2955_zps1a26db0b.jpg

Bilsteins are out & the Racepace Teins RE's in. The first thing I noticed was how much lighter each coilover was compared to the Bilsteins.

Good initial impressions on public roads. Goes to show that spring rates are only half the story.

Bilsteins 7/5kg

Racepace Teins : 8/4kg

Have had them on the softest setting so far. They’re less harsh with better dampening than the Bilsteins. They do soak up minor bumps on the road rather well. Dips in the road, railway tracks and speed humps don’t have that big jolt that you’d expect. That said they’re still a track orientated coilover so they’re still very firm.

All said i’m still impressed with the Blistens as there is quite a price difference between them and the Teins. Am half tempted to keep them in storage.

Will post up some on track impressions later. Hopefully get it out to some SAU 2015 events starting with the motorkhana coming up, to get a better feel for them.

Got these interior storage mats today. Thanks for the heads up Anfanee!

IMG_2944_zpsd1b8587a.jpg

Was 30c today. Finally got the aircon sorted since I got the car. Regassed with new seals/valves with Hychill.

IMG_2940_zps61a6c379.jpg

As far as i'm concerned. The car is as luxurious as a Bentley now.

nice pickup! they make the centre console look just that bit neater!

• Like 1

What have you got in there now and what's wrong with them?

LOL. I hear you. But it'll look like the one I got within 2 track days, plus no moving parts and I need it this weekend :)

Old Teins, i may be able to rebuild them and see how they go. They are little hard for what i like. Though they could be f**ked haha

and yeah i suppose. Didn't think of track damage as mine won't ever see a day of it....

She is coming along nicely man!

BTW you got sick of that footrest yet? :woot:

Old Teins, i may be able to rebuild them and see how they go. They are little hard for what i like. Though they could be f**ked haha

and yeah i suppose. Didn't think of track damage as mine won't ever see a day of it....

She is coming along nicely man!

BTW you got sick of that footrest yet? :woot:

I've heard that Tein Super Street's are pretty good.

Thanks mate.

LOL Funny you mention the footrest. I've got it all double sided taped but haven't put it on. Additional job for this weekend :)

I've heard that Tein Super Street's are pretty good.

Thanks mate.

LOL Funny you mention the footrest. I've got it all double sided taped but haven't put it on. Additional job for this weekend :)

Price+Postage to 2906 please.

• Like 1

Some odd and ends from RHDJapan for some upcoming small projects.

IMG_2961_zpsabe91366.jpg

Brake Line A Clamps, Sideskirt clips & Nice shiny new replacement door handles.

On a separate note, I finally measure the offset of the 17"s that came with the car.

IMG_2962_zps8e68f085.jpg

+0 Offset TE37's. Figures why they filled out the guards so well for a 9" rim.

• Like 1