SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

you gonna get any footage of the hill climb?

steering wheel looks good.

Thanks mate.

Yes, did some research and i've downloaded Harry's Lap Timer so will use that on an iPhone 5 on manual mode with a suction cup on the windscreen (hopefully passes scrutineering). Might get a external GPS sensor for it later on to get more accurate& faster speed readings. There will be people there doing video including the Mrs so should get some good footage.

don't be silly boys..........just get your original OEM steering wheel restitched

like this Robson leather - cost approx $300

DSC00523_zpsc35fcec1.jpg

DSC00524_zpsb7f61f27.jpg

DSC00527_zps550130ce.jpg

you can get it with red stitching too ;)

From personal experience, Robson Design (Singapore) charge a bit more than $300 to retrim a steering wheel, their gear boots are about that price. Don't be scared though their quality is amazing and worth every cent.

• Like 1

Love this car. Keep up the great work!

Thanks mate. Will do!

Had a great day @Haunted Hills Hillclimb on the weekend. A very tight, technical track.

14234769036_f122615db3_o_zps3c78a930.jpg

14258048375_cf31641d2a_o_zpseb78ac4b.jpg

Photo Credits to "c2888" from EXE-Crew

Was interesting punting a GTR around a small,tight track. Had one big "oh shit!" moment, going down hill. Learnt a lot about how the car handles, especially under hard braking on various gradients and speeds. Will post up some in-car video I took with Harry's Lap Timer later on.

• Like 3

Few changes to Victorian club permits around the corner and a few other things happening as well atm. Instead of doing lots of events over the next two years in full roll-cage trim, have decided to slowly change it to a full registered road car in the next few months.

What are the changes to the club permit scheme?

How'd it go with the new transfer case?

In a word - awesome. Less lag with power transfer to the front wheels, corner exit the back doesn't always want to come out all the time, and launches are of course way better. Gives a lot more confidence in general when driving the car hard. Only problem is I'm really noticing the open front diff now! Gotta see if I can get the Nismo front diff done next time it goes in to maximise the benefits of the new transfer case. Although I've been told the front drive shafts need attention as well so I'll see how I go next service.

What are the changes to the club permit scheme?

Thanks, thats what i was after.

That really sucks, i sold my R33 and specifically looked for a 89 R32 because i was sick of paying $700+ for rego on a car that only does 2000 km a year. I was waiting until November for club rego as i wasn't aware that for 89 cars the month didn't matter........if there is any positive out of this it is that I at least i already have my full rego now, i was abit bummed that i was going to have to give up my slimline B&W plates for some fatso maroon ones though.

anyway back to your build thread, have really enjoyed it, keep it up.

Thanks, thats what i was after.

That really sucks, i sold my R33 and specifically looked for a 89 R32 because i was sick of paying $700+ for rego on a car that only does 2000 km a year. I was waiting until November for club rego as i wasn't aware that for 89 cars the month didn't matter........if there is any positive out of this it is that I at least i already have my full rego now, i was abit bummed that i was going to have to give up my slimline B&W plates for some fatso maroon ones though.

anyway back to your build thread, have really enjoyed it, keep it up.

You can still put it on club reg if you do it before 30th June. After that you'll need a RWC which is never that hard as long as the car is in good condition and not "heavily, heavily" modified. (PM me if you want to go this route) Either way an '89 R32 GTR costs a bomb to run and in the grand scheme of things the $600 odd saved is only a fraction of running costs per year (especially if they're driven hard).
Yeah big maroon plates do suck :)
Thanks mate, lots to come for this car yet!

Video of orientation run, second half of day from Haunted Hills. Did a faster lap than this but forgot to record. Recorded it in SD in my excitement to start the video. Running iPhone 5 build-in GPS so speed is a bit laggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRRoskTA_Qg

Also - was playing it conservative after a bit of a spin earlier on in the day :unsure:

Got a GKTech air splitter to replace the older one which was looking a bit rough. These are a run-out item so they're going cheap atm. Also replaced the Nismo radiator cap which was leaking a little bit for some reason. Have to get the engine bay detailed amongst a gazilion other things on my list.

IMG_2297_zps6f011fc7.jpg

Standard steering wheel is back on. The outer leather part is an e-Bay sew-on item. There is a bit of wear on the right spoke of the wheel but on the whole it turned out pretty good and will do for the time being.

IMG_2300_zpsadb2be30.jpg

Gotta get the car ready for full road-reg. These have been sitting around for far too many years.

IMG_2298_zps3241ba2b.jpg

• Like 2

can you slip the GKtech air diversion plate under the top lip of the GTR grill.

if need be use the pads as you have putting it on the top. Will look a bit cleaner and the wind wont buffer it up.

slip it under before doing the 2 bolts up

looking good :thumbsup:

Edited by Sinista32
  • Like 1

can you slip the GKtech air diversion plate under the top lip of the GTR grill.

if need be use the pads as you have putting it on the top. Will look a bit cleaner and the wind wont buffer it up.

slip it under before doing the 2 bolts up

looking good :thumbsup:

Ah cool. Will do, thanks for the tip!

• 1 month later...

Hey mate good to meet you today ! Here's pics of that steering wheel I was talking about if I owned a 32 I would also own that wheel !

post-9953-1405078949761_thumb.jpg

post-9953-14050789944613_thumb.jpg

• Like 1