SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

Looking good. One thing I always thought about doing is trying to paint those cards that sit in the bottom of the doors.

But I'm to lazy for that.

Hmmm, you had to put the idea into my head didn't you? ;)

Looks like the cardboard cards are fairly easy to take out just a few screws.

IMG_1926_zpsf3fbd570.jpg

I was careful not to pull the factory glued vinyl off them to separate them from the door.

IMG_1927_zpsac85ae8e.jpg

Went and got some 3D Black Carbon Vinyl Wrap today. Just got some cheaper stuff from Supercheap as those pocket cards are a bit hidden.

IMG_1930_zps11bbed73.jpg

Cut to size and layed over. Getting the bubbles/lines out is fairly easy.

IMG_1931_zps0d2e8595.jpg

Back in and all screwed up. Gives them a nice subtle look. I used some Kiwi Grip spray contact adhesive as the door cards are chipboard with only a thin layer of paint between that and the wrap adhesive. Goes on stronger that way.

IMG_1934_zps9429eb3a.jpg

IMG_1937_zps184c3728.jpg

• Like 3

That's good power for -7's, man. The final tune I got is a track safe tune also. Looking forward to finally getting it on the road and then to some events this year!

Nah -7's. Standard actuators and afm's hurt my power.

Chris told me it made around 340rwkw but I told him to back it off as it's a track car and I wanted it to be safe.

attachicon.gif20121220_211932.jpg

I'm not complaining. I've got to learn how to drive before I get more power.

I Should hopefully have my car on the road for the 1st time tonight and 1st track day of the year on Saturday. Man I'm excited!

• Like 1

Hey mate,

I've so far had the car back at 3 power levels. 298,312 & 335awkw

Compared to how I first got the car back in 2005 (standard ceramics boosted to the max - 260rwkw), the -9's are definitely a bigger turbo and respond accordingly. The -9 setup in my car pulls all the way pretty much to redline unlike the standards which hit a wall near the top end. (and you could feel it)

Depends what you're after- purely street i'd go -7's for a 2.6L. I want to eventually get some events under my belt so wanted that little bit extra so went -9's as I had all the supporting mods.

That said look at gtr jet, he got 325kw with his -7's. Awesome.

How was the first drive Shivam? Still tossing up to go -7s or -9s, still leaning towards the -9s.

Hmmm, you had to put the idea into my head didn't you? ;)

Looks like the cardboard cards are fairly easy to take out just a few screws.

IMG_1926_zpsf3fbd570.jpg

I was careful not to pull the factory glued vinyl off them to separate them from the door.

IMG_1927_zpsac85ae8e.jpg

Went and got some 3D Black Carbon Vinyl Wrap today. Just got some cheaper stuff from Supercheap as those pocket cards are a bit hidden.

IMG_1930_zps11bbed73.jpg

Cut to size and layed over. Getting the bubbles/lines out is fairly easy.

IMG_1931_zps0d2e8595.jpg

Back in and all screwed up. Gives them a nice subtle look. I used some Kiwi Grip spray contact adhesive as the door cards are chipboard with only a thin layer of paint between that and the wrap adhesive. Goes on stronger that way.

IMG_1934_zps9429eb3a.jpg

IMG_1937_zps184c3728.jpg

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnn Shivan that looks bloody amazing.

Such a simple mod with such striking results - I think Ima gonna give that a crack as well mate ;)

Got an e-mail from Racepace. Final tune is done. Very happy with the result.

Shivam_zpsfaceaf76.jpg

Brilliant results mate really happy for you. They are sensational numbers :thumbsup:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnn Shivan that looks bloody amazing.

Such a simple mod with such striking results - I think Ima gonna give that a crack as well mate ;)

Go for it, guys. Easy and takes less than an hour.

Brilliant results mate really happy for you. They are sensational numbers :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, the -9's are pretty much maxed out now. It made far more but it's been dialed back for a track safe tune. Very happy with it, feels great and can't wait to start on a few events this year.

Going to spend the next couple of months neatening a few things and getting it ready for Road or Club reg.

Wow awesome turn out with the tune/power output. Good &

solid number. All that hard work has finally paid off.

Can't believe how good them door cards turned out,

Definitely adding that to my to do list. Good work man.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, the -9's are pretty much maxed out now. It made far more but it's been dialed back for a track safe tune. Very happy with it, feels great and can't wait to start on a few events this year.

Going to spend the next couple of months neatening a few things and getting it ready for Road or Club reg.

Not maxxed them just yet ?

They are great on the track you will love them even more

Also got some Superior Auto Creative Carbon-Look Sun Visor Cover set to cover up the tatty OEM ones.

IMG_0648_zpsb350b5c3.jpg

Nice looking Man's bag ...... can i buy one and wear around my waist instead of using it as a sun visor?

J/K

Good working progress, hope to see this beast on the street sometime.

• Like 1