SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

Where'd you get that from Shivam? Yahoo Japan?

Weirdly enough, found them on eBay.

Hey rbn1,

Would you mind looking at the part numbers on the front section of the 3 piece side skirts? The small sections that attach to the bottom of the front guards. I need to order some from nissan and haven't had much luck on Google.

Thanks mate and keep the updates coming!

Sure thing mate. The front section that goes under the front guards are actually identical for 2piece standard standard and 3 piece Nismo. 76853-05U00.

• Like 1

Ewwwww but yeah.

LOL.

Spoke to RPM this morning about replacing it. It's due for a service anyway :)

I almost forgot to put up why I was under the car in the first place.

Decided to pop the side skirt off to see why one of them has popped out and get them both replaced with the genuine N1 3 Piece items i'd bought a while ago.

Ended up being a good news, bad news moment.

IMG_2738_zps8298f723.jpg

Good news was, no Rust under the skirts.

Bad news was:

IMG_2745_zps0e0ef1fa.jpg

Front left jacking point : No wonder the skirts popped out. The sills collapsed a fair bit from what looks like, careless jacking. Have straightened the seam however, will take it to a panel beater to get it pulled out after next service.

Top view. Skirt can't adhere to the body as the sills bent in, towards the car.

IMG_2740_zps6f25927d.jpg

Pesky GTR's.

Its not actually careless. For whatever reasons the jacking points are weak and you can take all the precautions you like and still collapse them.

Picked the car up from RPM last Saturday. Reco'ed both front drive shafts. Not too much fun driving a car with no aircon on a 29° day. Must get the aircon gassed.

Did a few minor things over the weekend.

Put the carbon bits on. Car feels faster already.

IMG_2851_zps91c91797.jpg

IMG_2852_zps7388a536.jpg

IMG_2853_zpsc7833ceb.jpg

Makes the weathered plastic on the inside handles really stand out. Light sanding didn't help make them look any better, another item to put on the replacement list.

My glovebox had the old problem of popping open on hard launches. Was going to try fix the latch until I found a spare glovebox in my random 32 parts bin. Replaced the entire latch/lock assembly with a much newer looking one.

IMG_2861_zpsa3c5c17b.jpg

Thought I would have to keep my old key barrel but interestingly enough my key works with the new lock. Latch fixed. Boring but satisfying.

Anyone noticed the cylinder with a string attached behind the glovebox designed to keep it from opening with a thud? My one had been cut. (forgot to take photos). Will try and fix it.

Also finally put in the optional Nismo footrest I found in my spare parts bin. Looks like they're screwed in from the side but I just used a bit of 3M double sided tape.

IMG_2854_zps93c5fb96.jpg

Feel the power.

Picked the car up from RPM last Saturday. Reco'ed both front drive shafts. Not too much fun driving a car with no aircon on a 29° day. Must get the aircon gassed.

Did a few minor things over the weekend.

Put the carbon bits on. Car feels faster already.

IMG_2851_zps91c91797.jpg

IMG_2852_zps7388a536.jpg

IMG_2853_zpsc7833ceb.jpg

Makes the weathered plastic on the inside handles really stand out. Light sanding didn't help make them look any better, another item to put on the replacement list.

My glovebox had the old problem of popping open on hard launches. Was going to try fix the latch until I found a spare glovebox in my random 32 parts bin. Replaced the entire latch/lock assembly with a much newer looking one.

IMG_2861_zpsa3c5c17b.jpg

Thought I would have to keep my old key barrel but interestingly enough my key works with the new lock. Latch fixed. Boring but satisfying.

Anyone noticed the cylinder with a string attached behind the glovebox designed to keep it from opening with a thud? My one had been cut. (forgot to take photos). Will try and fix it.

Also finally put in the optional Nismo footrest I found in my spare parts bin. Looks like they're screwed in from the side but I just used a bit of 3M double sided tape.

IMG_2854_zps93c5fb96.jpg

Feel the power.

too much bling. Needs more fast bits :P
  • Like 1

too much bling. Needs more fast bits :P

I hear ya, mate.

With a baby on the way very soon, the plan this coming year is to concentrate on cosmetics. Don't think i'll get a chance to do any full on track days. Maybe a fun day, motorkhana or possibly hill climb if I'm lucky.

That said, stay tuned. About to take delivery of something that'll really change the way the car drives.

(hint : it's handling related)

If you ever want to sell that footrest i call shotgun mate

Noted. I bought a couple of boxes of random parts in 2003 off eBay and it's been forgotten in storage. Opened them up just recently and found a whole heap of R32 parts.

Anf.......attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1418602522.716262.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your thread Shivam

lol all good.

• Like 1

Looking good mate !

What are those little plastic triangle pieces that go behind the side mirrors ?

I'm after a set of stock ones as mine have tweeters screwed into them, wanna get rid of them :(

Looking good mate !

What are those little plastic triangle pieces that go behind the side mirrors ?

I'm after a set of stock ones as mine have tweeters screwed into them, wanna get rid of them :(

Thanks mate.

The inner mirror cover/garnish? Those ones are just carbon dipped standard items.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/r32-gtr-carbon

Something that I did get from Yahoo Japan - Nismo rear pods. These are copies. Wanted to get originals but decided against it after I saw how much dorra they were. The copies were pricey enough.

IMG_2869_zps896f5989.jpg

These coupled with the standard bootlid & spoiler with lip, 3 piece sideskirts - Project 32GTR Nismo bodykit commences this summer.

• Like 2

That stuff won't work on the handles. it has to be reapplied. A recently got full door handles from RHD and they are surprisingly cheap. I think the part numbers are in my thread. If not i can go through purchase history and find out for you mate.

That stuff won't work on the handles. it has to be reapplied. A recently got full door handles from RHD and they are surprisingly cheap. I think the part numbers are in my thread. If not i can go through purchase history and find out for you mate.

They look to be 24 dorra each from there so i'll add it to my RHD cart wish list