SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

• 1 month later...

RBN1 from bitter experience - drive it as much as you can.

took my dirty stinking datsun to Sandown (drive it about 4 times a year) and in the first session developed a misfire (coils/ ignitor).

thing is these things are simply getting old and maintenance starts to add up...

RBN1 from bitter experience - drive it as much as you can.

took my dirty stinking datsun to Sandown (drive it about 4 times a year) and in the first session developed a misfire (coils/ ignitor).

thing is these things are simply getting old and maintenance starts to add up...

Shizen. When was this?

Speaking of these cars getting old. Found this last night.

IMG_2749_zps92def418.jpg

Front right driveshaft. Oh well RPM did mention that they needed looking at last time it was in.

Shizen. When was this?

Speaking of these cars getting old. Found this last night.

IMG_2749_zps92def418.jpg

Front right driveshaft. Oh well RPM did mention that they needed looking at last time it was in.

easy fix that brother. go down to your local Repco dealer and ask for an outer CV boot for an R32 Skyline (they will match it to a Toyota Part no.) - they cost $13 bucks (by two to make with worth your while) and comes will all the grease and clips (although I believe the clips don't actually fit so retain the orginal ones or just buy them new) and you should be all good to go.

I had to replace mine last month and thats what I did.

• Like 1

easy fix that brother. go down to your local Repco dealer and ask for an outer CV boot for an R32 Skyline (they will match it to a Toyota Part no.) - they cost $13 bucks (by two to make with worth your while) and comes will all the grease and clips (although I believe the clips don't actually fit so retain the orginal ones or just buy them new) and you should be all good to go.

I had to replace mine last month and thats what I did.

the man loves his genuine tho....

i found it easier to just replace driveshafts man. yea they are more expensive, but you know youve got brand new cvs etc on there.

plus they are much easier to swap than changing a boot.

the man loves his genuine tho....

i found it easier to just replace driveshafts man. yea they are more expensive, but you know youve got brand new cvs etc on there.

plus they are much easier to swap than changing a boot.

replace drive-shafts ok................then add GTR tax and your really getting reamed.

the left outer boot is much easier than the right outer boot to undo as you only have six bolts to do undo and yank it out.

peace of le cake

Car is f**ked. I would just replace the entire car. Easier than doing anything on a GTR....... :whistling:

Considering the age of the car i would weigh up replacing the whole shaft. don't want to go back in 6 months.

edit: keep in mind i has no idea on how much that $$$$$

Edited by Anfanee

Car is f**ked. I would just replace the entire car. Easier than doing anything on a GTR....... :whistling:

Considering the age of the car i would weigh up replacing the whole shaft. don't want to go back in 6 months.

edit: keep in mind i has no idea on how much that $$$$$

Although I understand what you are saying Anf.

If the drive shaft is in good condition there is no need to replace it. Just ensure it is promptly cleaned and lubed before whacking it back in (kinda like a dirty hooker really)

Although I understand what you are saying Anf.

If the drive shaft is in good condition there is no need to replace it. Just ensure it is promptly cleaned and lubed before whacking it back in (kinda like a dirty hooker really)

Ewwwww but yeah.

10 bucks says he swaps the whole shaft lol

its what? 300 bucks? all new, all genuine....

you know me fellas, im all about cheap and nasty. but OP is not.

LOL.

Spoke to RPM this morning about replacing it. It's due for a service anyway :)

I almost forgot to put up why I was under the car in the first place.

Decided to pop the side skirt off to see why one of them has popped out and get them both replaced with the genuine N1 3 Piece items i'd bought a while ago.

Ended up being a good news, bad news moment.

IMG_2738_zps8298f723.jpg

Good news was, no Rust under the skirts.

Bad news was:

IMG_2745_zps0e0ef1fa.jpg

Front left jacking point : No wonder the skirts popped out. The sills collapsed a fair bit from what looks like, careless jacking. Have straightened the seam however, will take it to a panel beater to get it pulled out after next service.

Top view. Skirt can't adhere to the body as the sills bent in, towards the car.

IMG_2740_zps6f25927d.jpg

Pesky GTR's.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey rbn1,

Would you mind looking at the part numbers on the front section of the 3 piece side skirts? The small sections that attach to the bottom of the front guards. I need to order some from nissan and haven't had much luck on Google.

Thanks mate and keep the updates coming!