SAU Community

Is The R35 Gtr Really That Bad?

I'm lucky enough to own a R34gtr and a R35. They are very different, the 35 does everything so easy-too easy really. The 34 is very modified N1, stroked, gtrs turbo's, cams, Vipec etc. You can really feel its a generation apart but the 34 has a soul the 35 doesn't. One day would sell the 35 can't ever think of selling the 34.

• Like 1

Nice reply :)

I think a Skyline forum is the wrong place to mention the Singer 911. They just wont get it ;)

Oh no we get it, and u know what Jeromy Clarkson gets it to, he's always loved Ferrari's and Skyrine's and hates Porches with a passion. So that's why I liked him coz he says it how it is, but by all means go and spend 120k on a singer and you''ll b a winner.. :3some:

Edited by discoPumpkin

^ Quite surprised coming from the man himself Jeremy Clarkson who launches a scathing attack upon the vehicle, about the only good thing he did say was being fast around a track. He did however praise the R34 GTR instead... thoughts?

They're very different cars. The R35 is so far ahead of the R34 in terms of build and performance that it's really not an apples to apples comparison. To be honest, in terms of performance, the R35 has made all older Skylines reduntant. The extra low end torque (and there is a lot of it) of the VR38 alone is enought to make the R34 look like a toy. And then you've got the brakes and the DSG gearbox, which only tip the scales in favour of the R35 even more. The R35 is a very fun car to drive and be driven in, and when modded, is UNBELIEVABLY quick in a straight line and around corners. Too quick IMO. Anyone that says the R35 is a boring drive is kidding themselves.

But, the R34 feels a little lighter and more involving thanks to the manual transmissio and the older tech. My 2 cents.

• Like 1

Yah I agree about the R34G TR in terms of the torque, being the last of the RB26's they should of atleast made it a 2.8 for increased torque. Theres nothing really different from the 32 motor to the 34 motor except ball bearing turbos, so that's a lil disapointing from NIssan to finish the RB26 like that

But I've never been in a R35 GTR so I can't comment on how good they go, all I know is there about 200/250kg heavier so again that's a bit of a let down but i'm sure the power makes up for it. Gotta love the straight6 sound over the V6 sound tho

ps in 2011 Jeremy Clarkson said "Theres no car faster in the world over 300 metres then a GTR"

Don't like V6 sounds? I think mine sounds pretty damn good at 8k.

It is still 6 bangs per revolution, and that's 6 more than you've ever had... :P

Shows clear lack of understanding of four cycle engine.

• Like 1

Try rolling in a GTR and tell me it was a waste of money. By far the fastest, most responsive weapon I have ever driven. Car is top of the range. Porche is rough and impractical although power is its thing. AMG 6.3 is a driving car with a little punch. I would rather have the best of both of them and still be rolling out in front on track day. You can always bring a piece of $":t car to the party that has had a few little things done to it, but no one really cares. A GTR will always stand out more than your pink 1980 supra.

Ok I owned a new MY11 GTR and it was the quickest car I have driven on track. It was definitely not the most responsive, in fact it's weight made it quite a cumbersome thing on track.

On road it was understeery and boring.

Porsche offers various products but pick the one that suits and you have a car which is hilarious on the road and a few tenths slower on track which I would happily give up for the sound of a Mezger flat 6 any day.

Not familiar with any modern 6.3l Mercedes sorry.

• Like 1

I'm not saying porche isn't a fantastic make and an aggressive competitor, but for the average joe who wants a sports car and doesn't want and can't afford to spend 400k + the GTR is the next best thing. I too have a my11 and although I can fault a few things like yourself. I'm not complaining with my bang for buck.

...gets raped by a 15k rx3

unless lambo owner is a keyboard racer, zero f**ks will be given

And his oil pump will almost certainly still be functioning... ;)