SAU Community

Home Tuning Vipec And Link G4 Skyline Plug In Ecus Thread .

Thought I'd ask in here because this is one thing that PCLink help files dont really give to much info on

Virtual Auxiliary Outputs

I can't get my head around these, Just trying to bring check engine light on under certain conditions (Temps etc) but from what I can find, the Aux 7 channel needs to be turned to a GP output. I'll copy and paste the advice from the link Forum here to save me explaining it:

1) In ECU settings set Virtual Aux 1 (or whichever virtual aux you wish to use) to CE light
2) In ECU settings set Aux 1 (or whichever aux your CE is connected to) to GP Output
3) Set Switch logic in Aux 1 to 'Cond 1 OR 2'
4) Set SW Cond 1 to Aux Virtual Value 1 = ON
5) Set Aux Virtual Value 1 = ON to 1 (or whichever virtual aux number you decided to use)
6) Set SW Cond 2 to Knock > Value1
7) Set Knock > Value1 to whatever minimum knock level you want the check engine light to come on at.

So is this basically using the Aux 7 output to do what you want (In this case warn of knock) and switch condition 1 is just a roundabout way of setting AUX 7 as a Virtual CEL (which it actually is anyway)

So bascially, its like having Aux 7 setup as a CEL as normal (through SW condition 1 (Virtual AUX set as CEL)) but with an additional 1 or 2 options to turn the CEL on (SW condition 2 + 3)

Have I got this right? Or am I way off.... lol

• 3 months later...

Yep pyrometer not a bad idea .

Changed to straight United E85 at the bottom of the last fuel price cycle because the next tune will be on this fuel . I paid 1.30.9L and at the same time 7Eleven P98 went up to 179.9L - screw that .

When I change fuels I drive it till it starts stumbling and throw 10L of the new whatever in , and do again to get the residual down to SFA . Then fill to the top .

In the 10L stages I tune for the new brew which starts with the master fuel trim - from -12 to +5 in this case . My car was originally tuned on E70 nearly two years ago so master set a 0 isn't too far from what E85 is . It just needed a fiddle with accel settings and cold start stuff .

I have a feeling that the consumption is going to be better than I thought it would be possibly because my tuning is better than it used to be - or I stumbled upon better settings .

I don't often make changes to my timing table but the corrections get moved around a little .

My current challenge is to get up around 375 out of a tank of E85 because that's three quarters of my best efforts on E42 - 500+ km .

Tuning with E85 is a pleasure because its such a forgiving fuel , it can be a fair way out and still run with a few hick ups .

To be fair my SF740s cope better on E85 because the low down pulse widths are wider and that helps keep things a bit more accurate .Once the EV14s go in it should get better again and with enough pump the target 300 wheel wasps should be easy to achieve .

I'm lucky that I can buy E85 close to work and stash a bit so I don't run out . I would like to see more servos in southern Sydney selling E85 because my next closest is Minto .

Cheers A .

The new Vipec plugin for 350z has just been released, I may be heading this way in the future with some serious modifications to the engine loom on the VQ25det... Some impressive features on this.

post-63525-0-66051500-1405466282_thumb.jpg

We need Guilt Toy back in Oz !

Cheers A .

yeah i am back mate... just been struggling with some health issues... good news is that i have got my own shop and dyno now, just as a hobby shop to help out my friends and people who need a facility that they can come down and have a play with their cars without the angry dyno shop's breathing down their throats counting the seconds for the dyno hire / tune time.

I plan to open a proper high performance shop once i recovery properly.

send me a PM if you want to come up and have some Guilt-Toy loving.

you should keep tabs on my facebook, ive been back since october last year.

www.facebook.com/tunedbyanthony

send me a PM if you need a tune guys.

post-1240-0-44995500-1405483541_thumb.jpg

Wow that sounds really good of you ^^

Hope people appreciate that gesture. I know I'd be happy if someone local to me was willing to show some freedom with their dyno.

Happy to see people still doing it for the love :) hope you get back up 100% soon

The new Vipec plugin for 350z has just been released, I may be heading this way in the future with some serious modifications to the engine loom on the VQ25det... Some impressive features on this.

yeah we manually wired in a Vipec V88 into a 2004 model 350z, i setup the ethrottle and the vvt.

it worked great! a plugin would be even easier.

Injector Dynamics short EV14 850s . They are intended to be an alternative for later Chev alloy V8s amongst other things . I wanted something in between 740 and 1000 and since Anthony ran his 740 side feeds out at I think 360 RWKW on his RB30 I figured 850s should be fine .

Anthony it would be great to get up to Newie and talk tuning , I'm interested to know if it's still possible to get an RB2530 past the emissions test to make it legal and insurable .

I don't do social networking like facebook or twitter but other members of my family do . I have a bit of time ATM if your health is up to a run on the rollers .

Will PM soon cheers Adrian .

I started using it about a week ago in small amounts to get the old 50 50 mix out . When filled the first half tank only got me 170 kays but that included a bit of road tuning .

Have two dramas ATM , the Tech Edge is playing up and I'm not sure if its the box the probe or a power supply issue . Taking the box and probe down to them next week and if the box tests ok I'll get another LSU 4.9 probe and they can calibrate the box for it .

Stone cold starting is difficult ATM but once it fires it seems ok . I've imported the original tunes warm up map after mucking around with mine and It'll get another cold start this evening .

I probably need to get one of my Maxima alternators in so there's a bit higher output to cover everything . The original Mitsubishi has 140+ on it and is probably tired .

I was going to see where you were up to next week if the TE gear checks out ok , a plug change would be good too .

Cheers A .

• 2 months later...

Off the top of my head, loosely - some algebra (ignoring any extra trims)

m = Master fuel (ms)

p = Pressure (MGP in kPa)

a = Target AFR

t = Fuel table value

i = Injector pulsewidth

If Open Loop AFR is off...

i = m x ((t/100) x ((p+100)/100))

If Open Loop AFR is on...

i = m x ((t/100) x ((p+100)/100)) x (14.7/a)

I think that's more or less right, just kinda brain spewed but should give the general idea.

Anyone here played around with closed loop boost control on Vipec?

Mine has always been set to open loop but I'm finding that when running higher boost (2bar) the boost holds well in higher gears but in 1st and 2nd I'm getting a lot less (1.5-1.7bar). I know I can run boost trims in each gear but rather than messing around and setting that up is it just easier to run closed loop?

Strictly speaking I'm not sure if you really should need closed loop - I guess I don't know how tricky your setup is, but I would have thought open loop should be sufficient with a good external gate setup to hold a pretty consistent boost level, unless it's actually just physically difficult to build that much boost in the lower gears with your setup and it's more a lag thing than a boost control one?

Either way, I've never used it - even with internal wastegates if you don't have any tricky stuff you are trying to achieve the open loop setup is pretty good. I think (/thought?) the gear trim thing was more to reduce or increase boost for each gear as opposed to aid it in reaching the target boost. .3+bar sounds to me more than what I'd have thought was the intention behind closed loop boost control, I figured it as just being there to tidy up slight deviations from the target.... getting near half a bar is like a whole different target though I could be off point here.