SAU Community

wrx or skyline

boosted30

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stock for stock yeah but they arent stock for stock are they nob... its already modified and all the rex has is a zorst... do u know how much it costs to upgrade a WRX to a decent amount of power at the wheels? its a MUST to upgrade the gearbox with anywhere near 160+ at the wheels... bang for buck u will get more out of an R32 than u will a late model WRX.

the shit i speaketh amst the truth.

yeah i think im gona go the r32

its actually gonna cost me 17 and im gona spend the extra 3 on a big turbo and clutch.

its got everything else and should make 220rwkw

thanks for your help guys

for only 2 grand more i reckon my car is better value than that! check out the link below...

on the topic though i think the 32 has a MUCH better chance of holding its value than the wrx does.

stock for stock yeah but they arent stock for stock are they nob... its already modified and all the rex has is a zorst... do u know how much it costs to upgrade a WRX to a decent amount of power at the wheels? its a MUST to upgrade the gearbox with anywhere near 160+ at the wheels... bang for buck u will get more out of an R32 than u will a late model WRX.

the shit i speaketh amst the truth.

The rex boxes espec 99-00 mdl are quite decent and able to hold 200kw atw , however button clutches and repeated launches will make short work of them .

Bang for buck and after reading the post on this site about money spent on skylines to get a r32 gts to 200kw atw and a rexy to the same power , rexy wins by a fair bit

ex. Power FC 1.1k

VF34 turbo 1k

zorst .7k

air filter kit .2k

This combo run on close to 20psi would would be able to just reach that target ( has been done in a few rexies and even a RS)

however anymore power and injectors,cooler , clutch , box would all require upgrade/replacement.

puts on flame suit and stands with extinguisher at the ready

ummmm how many WRXs from 99-00 can u get for 20k? thats right... none unless theyre damaged. So we are talking an early model with a piss weak gearbox.

stick with the 32.

how much kw@4 wheels can the vf34 give u??

a mate with a 2000 rex is looking at getting one

If set up correctly VF34 can get you to 200 kw atw(4) some have reached 215 kw, at a recent AVO dyno day 4 cars using this turbo all passed this mark 2 rexes a forester and a RS and its a bolt on to all these models and a around the 1k mark . They are the OEM turbo for the bug eye sti .

Inark is correct that the my99-00 hasnt dropped down to 20k yet as the ruffer ones are at 22k , but 2 friends have recently purchased my99 boxes for around 2k and they fit all older subies with the EJ20 motor.

adam

GUYS GUYS GUYS... fark spending 20k on a car if u just wanna go fast man.,,. get a VL!!!!! other wise ur spending 20 k on a car running 14 sex maybe high 13.. if u dont want speed get a BMW.. kicks arse in comfort!

rofl :headbang::headbang::headbang:

nice photochop their goon.

yeah.. rexes are different price points .. All the old ones are farked, or not even available anymore.. try and find an 1998 one or earlier on the market in good condition these days..

hmmm, what happened to them i wonder.. :rant:

whats this about dropping sik coolers? is that supposed to be the noise that vls make? i thought that was because they dont have bov and a pod magnifies the turbo shutter.

i have no idea wtf mad demos are. and what is a u leh?

speak english so we can acually understand you when you try to spin your sh1t

whats this about dropping sik coolers? is that supposed to be the noise that vls make? i thought that was because they dont have bov and a pod magnifies the turbo shutter.

i have no idea wtf mad demos are. and what is a u leh?

speak english so we can acually understand you when you try to spin your sh1t

come out wif da boys and we'll show u what a demo is. u just do sik burnouts, and donuts man. but u cant do them in skylines cause they dont have enuf power. and u cant really drop coolers in skylines either u leh cause they only have mud blow off valves.

come out wif da boys and we'll show u what a demo is.  u just do sik burnouts, and donuts man.  but u cant do them in skylines cause they dont have enuf power.  and u cant really drop coolers in skylines either u leh cause they only have mud blow off valves.

i know one skyline that will be able to pull bigger skids and do-nuts than any other vl... and do you know anything bout skylines? not hard to put a cooler in... i'm sick of farkin holden farking bevans " oh my vl is sick bro check out my skid, aww look at your jap crap " if you own a vl why the fark are you on the forums...