SAU Community

Car Sharply Turns Left On Left Turns

wiix

Hi my skyline has recently been sharply going into left corners iv checked tyre pressures and got wheel alignment check that all checked out fine so what could it be it has new tie rods and rack bushes so it cant be those could it be any thing else ?

today while driving it was wandering on the road left and back to centers for how far i move the wheel only about 3 degrees or so and it darts it is dangerous to drive

no never had a issue from swapping from car to car

it was ok untill i took it to someone to do some electrical work then was all over the joint from then tomorrow im going to look over the suspension iv got some knowledge on that stuff as im am a apprentice mechanic

iv been doing research on other forums and the thing that describes this problem the best is a tramlining issue apparently a issue with the caster

You say it has new tierods. Was it doing this before they were fitted? Reason I ask is I had a similar, though intermittent , problem.

On left turns, the car would suddenly flick further left, like the back end suddenly stepping out. I thought it was the HICAS going nuts. Finally tracked it down to the nut on the front right tierod had lost the split pin and the retaining nut had undone itself about 1cm. So, the ball joint was slowly moving upwards until a left turn when it would pop back into position. I was getting sudden dynamic alignment changes as the right corner was loaded up.

today i was looking for loose parts i found 2 both the lower ball joints the nuts had come loose and were resting on the split pins so i tightened them up and used new split pins took it for a drive all is good now