SAU Community

Who's Running A Wideband And What Are You Using?

Well when I first got the AEM, BEFORE I had any suspicions about it's accuracy, my tuner actually commented about how accurate it was. Said it read dead on exactly the same as his. I'm only suspicious now because of how rich it reads, but that could well be my tune.

i'm sold, techedge it is

http://wbo2.com/2j/2j9.htm

So all i need is 2J9 + cables + sensor? (17123)

Yup.

it is a good idea to grab a LX1 display to go with it if you can afford it. that way you can be sure the input settings are correct in the software on your ecu because you can compare it with the external display, also if the car leans out when your into it you can see it on the fly.

I got this depo gauge...seems all right has Bosch sensor..

Started reading lean, turns out my fuel filter needed replacing...replaced fuel filter now wideband reads error...tried to calibrate it but no response.. :unsure:

Pretty sure sensor is still fine , if unit is dead can I just get the techedge so I can link it to my adaptronic?

start again and get a new sensor with the TE. peace of mind is a good thing and they are not very expensive anyway.

I am pretty sure depo is a china brand.

Not sure, Says Japan on their site, was about the same price as AEM so figured it was an entry level unit...hopefully I can get it up and running again..its a cool little gauge but can't find the instruction booklet to figure out why the error code...

• 2 weeks later...

Good timing for this thread to pop up... I'd just decided to drop some coin on a wide band unit that I'll have wired in permanently, when I noticed this thread.

I had my eye on a Koso unit from the states, but after reading Guilt-Toy's advice I think I'll go for an 2J9 Tech Edge unit with LX1 display.

Edited by Ryno

Crunch the numbers and find the price difference between the 2J and the 3A models, remember the techedge site doesn't quote gst, the initial pain to your wallet will soon pass and it's much cheaper to buy right the first time.

I bought mine mainly on reputation, a few of the tuners I've spoken to use them, and have told me the people who design and build them know their shit and they are built to a standard not a price. As for the all-in-one gauge and driver, I would have liked a gauge but this was only a secondary consideration, accuracy and quality took priority, after all this is a tuning tool not another dial to rice up my dash. Also the driver will accept uego and multiple bosch sensors.

Mike.

Edited by Missileman

^ fair enough, I don't use widebands to rice up my dash either. I've always used all in one units to street tune my car and my friend's cars, one thing I've notice is that there's always a little lag time between the pedal being depressed vs. the readout from the widebands I've used.

I posted the nistune graph in your other thread and you saw how little lag there was when I jumped off the throttle at 60, about 1/3 of second lag, and that was at minimal gas flow. I believe the techedge gauges would read at the same speed/lag as nistune.

bosch 4.9 mounted before the cat

Edited by Missileman

ok....reasons im getting an error or code "03" (as it appears on my unit)...have tried to recalibrate but pushing its button does nothing....

bosch sensor has barely 3000km on it...originally had this problem with not getting enough power, but I fixed this when I rewired it...unit is getting 12v or thereabout and it was working fine until I changed a fuel filter, I also drained the tank a few times...none of which should have any effect on the wideband I thought...i did have it running too rich for a while, have fixed that... pulled sensor out and looks clean...

Anyone got any ideas here, I'm stumped ?

• 5 weeks later...

Have you check if the O2 sensor is heating up?

ok....reasons im getting an error or code "03" (as it appears on my unit)...have tried to recalibrate but pushing its button does nothing....

bosch sensor has barely 3000km on it...originally had this problem with not getting enough power, but I fixed this when I rewired it...unit is getting 12v or thereabout and it was working fine until I changed a fuel filter, I also drained the tank a few times...none of which should have any effect on the wideband I thought...i did have it running too rich for a while, have fixed that... pulled sensor out and looks clean...

Anyone got any ideas here, I'm stumped ?

this, i have a faulty unit and even though the voltage was being sent to the sensor it would not heat up. you can light a cigarette if it works =p

Take the sensor out of the exhaust and feel it. If it gets hot quickly it is working. Careful you don't burn yourself...