SAU Community

93 Skyline R32 Gtr Ebay Listing

TREGTR

This thread brings a major case of the "What the f**k just happened?"

Edit: This page may help you with your answer also. http://ebay.about.com/od/frequentlyaskedquestion1/f/faq_archived.htm

If you want to start legal proceedings, you will need to start them to get Ebay to give you anything.

Tim, you're asking a question and people are trying to be helpful, and you're coming back with smart ar$e replies.

There's a thread not even a couple of weeks old about being respectful to one an other. Ease up or leave. Its pretty simple.

• Like 1

Interestingly, vin tag FAST results run yesterday show 1990. Need listing to confront seller.

seller may have been unaware?

my car is tagged as a 93 model, its really a 90 by fast.

id say contact ebay.

Ebay can give three years under archive, this falls outside their maximum scope according to enquiries. It needs someone with serious IT skill to get the result from web capture ebay archives.

If someone has dealt with ebay and retrieved a listing after 3 years then I would like to know.

Ebay can give three years under archive, this falls outside their maximum scope according to enquiries. It needs someone with serious IT skill to get the result from web capture ebay archives.

If someone has dealt with ebay and retrieved a listing after 3 years then I would like to know.

You mean you want someone to hack into eBay?

seller may have been unaware?

my car is tagged as a 93 model, its really a 90 by fast.

id say contact ebay.

Luke, let's just say it's a lot worse than a simple couple of years on a VIN tag. I can't go into it further at this point in time though. The seller was absolutely aware.

Useful Info for others reading this... The seller does not need to be aware for you to recover your funds. There was a recent case where a seller sold a Falcon GT to a guy in Sydney. It turned out to be a rebirthed car. Seller genuinely didn't appear to know. Court accepted seller didn't know it was a fake and awarded buyer $108,394.04 plus costs on top. The case name for those interested is Sammut v De Rome [2011] QDC 294.

Second case is Cassar v Pegoraro [2011] VCC 819. In a nutshell, a plumber sold a fake XY GT, which he knew was a fake. Buyer took him to court and won $81,688.78. In a corresponding criminal trial he got 12 months gaol to be suspended after 3 months. What this means is he went to gaol for 3 months then released on parole for the remainder.