SAU Community

A Car Cruise & The Nsw Hwp

BakemonoRicer

I thought this was very much worthy of sharing.

Today, I attended a combined cruise through Wiseman's Ferry with several people from TeamS15 (of which I'm a member of) and an FT86 car club. All those in attendance would be considered a young group of car enthusiasts, with the age range of us predominately in the early to mid twenties. Everyone who attended the cruise had a very good attitude and had respect for not only their own vehicles, but for everyone else. A few of the vehicles in attendance were quite nicely modified.

Before turning right to head towards Wiseman's Ferry, there was an RBT setup with around four or five highway patrol vehicles. We were all pulled in to the RBT setup (as was everyone who went past, regardless of vehicle). They mentioned the purpose of the stop is for RBT, and it was just that. A few questions were asked, the breath tests were conducted and after a quick lookover of some of the modified vehicles, we were able to go on our way. Every one of us was courteous and polite to the HWP, and one of them even took very lightly to a few jokes. The HWP were very professional, and also showed interest in the cars we were all driving.

Every one of us had nothing but praise for the HWP that were responsible for the RBT station.

It takes both sides to establish and then maintain rapport Benji.

It's good to see you guys as well HWP (who had a responsible job to do) getting along with something precious in common; some very nice cars.

• Like 1

I was also thinking of putting up something like this. I happened to meet the same group of HWP earlier in the day, as my group of cars were parked on the side of the road. The 4 HWP turned up, and my first though after hearing all the internet horror stories, was, they're here to screw us all. But instead, not a thing was asked about our cars except "is that a real skyline" :domokun: --> my answer, no, unfortunately it's not a GTR but it is a real skyline. We chatted about his HWP car and he mentioned how he wished he could put a chip in and turn the boost up...haha! great guy. And then they got on with setting up the RBT and we went on our way.

• Like 1

I got pulled up for an RBT on Windsor rd last weekend in the evo & having sizable cams in her she was idling quite lumpy (even though it has a quiet exhaust) the officer was very well mannered and respectfu to mel as was I to him. No problems whatsoever even though I was freaking after reading all the "bad" stuff about cops in here.

• Like 1

Agreed as Ray said its a location thing. Get pulled over in bondi for an RBT and ya stuffed as they have other agendas on their list, get pulled over out in the west for an RBT & if ya blow clean you're a free agent as that's all they are targeting ;)

Depends on the area as mentioned. Idiots in your area = you'll be treated badly.

I never had issues with the police, apart from one hero on a bike pulling me over for street racing doing 80 in 80 zone (Western Distributor). I caught him on his lies so he had no choice but to threaten me and let me go.

• Like 1

I guess if we have some positive experiences, our attitudes will be different, and by the same token; if HWP have a positive experience with us, they may share their experience with colleagues and behave differently.

F em all they are out there to get you.

You'll all prob get a Decc notice in the mail over the next few days.

They prob couldn't be bothered with the paper work on the day

It's called, "Service with a smile!"

• Like 1