SAU Community

R34 Gtt - Chewing Up Petrol

Swole

Install a wideband o2 and see what your car is doing. I've seen lazy tuners who don't even care too much about off boost injection maps and just rely purely on o2 closed loop to work out the mixtures.

The thing is you could be hitting stoich no worries but retarded timing will need larger throttle openings, hence worse consumption. its not enough to have a stoich ratio.

• 4 months later...

Had my worked R34 GTT retuned and still only get 250km to the tank... thinking of changing ECU from Power FC to get better fuel economy. Pretty sure the Rb25 is meant to be the most fuel efficient 6 cyl produced...

Had my worked R34 GTT retuned and still only get 250km to the tank... thinking of changing ECU from Power FC to get better fuel economy. Pretty sure the Rb25 is meant to be the most fuel efficient 6 cyl produced...

I ran a PowerFC on my old R33, consistently got 430~450km and would do easily 550+ km on the highway.

I had it ran in closed loop, used the narrowband simulation of an Innovate LC-1 and had a bit more timing in cruise than the stock map (cruise area that is).

That's terrible economy. I would be questioning the tuner on that one,unless you drive like a mental case everywhere.

Where did you hear that the rb is the most efficient 6 cylinder? That doesn't sound right!

My economy improved after full exhaust, FMIC and Nistune with a proper dyno tune - go figure.

Also 'kms to a tank' is not a realiable measure of economy, I always recommend calculating l/100km, it's easy enough to do.

For some 'over time' averages check this thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/436056-fuel-economy-for-250rwkw/

How many litres are you calling a tank? My current car has a 50l tank and the needle is nearly on empty after 30l of fuel used.

Also 'kms to a tank' is not a realiable measure of economy, I always recommend calculating l/100km, it's easy enough to do.

That's an understatement. In these kinds of threads, its not uncommon to see claims of >25L/100kms based on the "x kms to a tank" lingo. Which is around the consumption of turbo bentleys, v12 lambos and ferraris.

That's an understatement. In these kinds of threads, its not uncommon to see claims of >25L/100kms based on the "x kms to a tank" lingo. Which is around the consumption of turbo bentleys, v12 lambos and ferraris.

Haha, indeed. That said, my previous V8 actually drank 25 l/100km in stop-start around town, now that's economy...

• 7 months later...

I recently bought a R33 GTST which is stock. I get about 250kms on 3/4 tank (roughly 40L). I dont actually wait for the light as I dont know how far the car will go haha...

edit: roughly

Edited by shubby0901