SAU Community

Bolt-In Cage With Rear Seat For Bnr32 ?

cobrAA

I'm also interested in this. Had a quick look at Brown Davis and they show a full cage which is built into the car over the top of the rear seat, but certainly wouldn't allow for any passengers to sit there. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right spot? PaulosECR33 - Can you shed any more light on them?

Cusco are not cams or roadworthy.

Brown davis will do a half cage that is cams and adr, so no trouble on or off the track, i reckon you would be really pushing it to be able to put people in the back with a cage there but they do build cages that let you keep the seat.

It would be possible, but it wouldn't be CAMS approved, even minimum CAMS spec requires a cross bar (in main hoop is most common) but either way it's going to restrict passengers.

uncomfortable passengers... why do you want a cage?

uncomfortable passengers... why do you want a cage?

Truth is I don't like the ''becauseracecar'' look of a cage that restrict the back seat. And I know local police won't like it too.

2) Both my sister and father.. heck even my young brother don't drive so it happens from times to times we take the skyline and need the space behind.

3) I might just go with the do-luck room bar if I can't fit any cage/bar down there. Actually, tbh, I wanted a cage so I could fit my harness safety. Instead of bolting them on the floor which I was told are not safe to do.

Edited by cobrAA

Hey guys, just curious if theres a model of cage that would allow me to still fit passenger in the back seat or its impossible ?? Or could it be done if done custom-made !?

Thanks.

This guy has "sort of" done it - could probably get one passenger in. Given you're in Canada though I'd have no idea where you'd get it made.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/105872-my-skyline-gt-r-r32.html

It's ridiculous if you're thinking about buying a roll cage just to fit a harness.

There are countless places you can mount your shoulder straps without a roll cage.

Read the CAMS manual and make sure the straps are within the recommended range of angle and you will be fine.

IMG_9975_zps35c2ec8e.jpg

Rear seat is for homo's =P

Thats exactly what the back of mine used to look like cept for a fire stringuisher on the tunnel, i refitted the top half of the rear seats a while ago so at a glance it looks like the whole thing is there.

It's ridiculous if you're thinking about buying a roll cage just to fit a harness.

There are countless places you can mount your shoulder straps without a roll cage.

Read the CAMS manual and make sure the straps are within the recommended range of angle and you will be fine.

thank you. will look into it. i was told by a instructor here that i couldnt fit a harness without cage.

It would be possible, but it wouldn't be CAMS approved, even minimum CAMS spec requires a cross bar (in main hoop is most common) but either way it's going to restrict passengers.

for cams you can have a cross bar( diagonal) go from one of the rear legs to the other , it doesnt have to be on the main hoop

thank you. will look into it. i was told by a instructor here that i couldnt fit a harness without cage.

This is probably due to the angle of the harness straps after you mount them to somewhere like your rear seat anchors.

Check out page 4 in Schedule I of the CAMS regs: http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/GeneralRequirements/GQ10-Schedule-I-2014-1.pdf

The other option is to look at getting a harness bar. These are removable so you can still fit passengers in the back when you're not at the track.