SAU Community

Huntley Hill Climb - Tips?

evil_weevil

Chubbs, if you want to find out what Huntley is like, come down next weekend, I'm sure Jas and I can show you where it is, and up/down it.

As Neil mentioned, it's a public road, (that is extremely rare to EVER pass another car on the hill).

If you thrash it, the people at the top and bottom will get annoyed and call the cops, if you just keep driving it to be able to site the track, they won't care.

PS: We have some awesome pubs down here... :P

No way buddy,,,mountain straight is way more challenging tiger,,, just that 1st right-hander at speed is sphincter gripping stuff,,,the rest of it is fanbloodytastic.

Huntley is totally different,,,like every hillclimb they are all unique.

Have I told you lately Jase you are a beautiful hunk of manhood.

Cheers

Neil.

I get tight in the pants every time you mention my name

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad effort for my first time there.

a 33.96 and 1st in type 1 & 2 1601cc-2000cc

unfortunately only got 3 runs as Rex in a blue PRB clubman type vehicle hit a rail and had to be airlifted.

wish him all the best for a speedy recovery

Hi Chris

It was good to catch up with you at Huntley yesterday, sorry we could not spend more time with you but our Skyline mates had shade and it was just too hot out in the sun.

Can't do much better than 1st Chris, well done.

Mazman were you running? how did you go? Maybe you need more tyre, not less boost ;)

Also best wishes to the competitor who was airlifted, no doubt hillclimbs can be dangerous, but I guess that is what makes them challenging.

It was good to meet you Mazman and share some shade so we did not get sunburnt like Chris.

Your Supra was very well presented and made an unreal sound when it came on boost but like you say 24 pound is serious boost and a lot of power to try and put down through two wheels.

Mazman were you running? how did you go? Maybe you need more tyre, not less boost ;)

Yep, had a go.

Did a 28.7sec for my first time out there(but with lots of backing off and traction issue's lol, so should be prepared better next time).

I have 285's v70's on there but they are hard compound as i got them cheap.

I tried doing a decent burnout to warm them up but got a warning from the officials lol,

I'll try again next time with softer compounds and hopefully get more time on the track to get use to it (not many goe's due to the accident)

It was good to meet you Mazman and share some shade so we did not get sunburnt like Chris.

Your Supra was very well presented and made an unreal sound when it came on boost but like you say 24 pound is serious boost and a lot of power to try and put down through two wheels.

Thanks mate :)

Yea will experiment with less boost next time..

wish there was a video of mine from outside so i can hear it lol