SAU Community

6Boost Vs. Doc-Race Vs. Full-Race Manifold

Just wondering if these manifold in twin scroll are quality product ?

My mechanic told me to stay away from Rawbrokerage because he saw too many cracking. He recommand 6boost (1600us) or Full-race ( 1800ish us) + shipping ( figure another 50-75us$)

While the 6boost is 1360us delivered. Is there any other manifold option for an EFR single ?

I've got a 6boost, seems to work well, no cracking etc. I've read that there can be a boost creep issue with the design of the manifold and I've experienced a bit of that myself but changing the spring in the wastegate fixed it to a large extent.

I use a MX Performance manifold that I'm extremely happy with. If desired, he can make it in 1" diameter (which is what I went for). This has given my turbo unreal response.

I use a MX Performance manifold that I'm extremely happy with. If desired, he can make it in 1" diameter (which is what I went for). This has given my turbo unreal response.

Have any photos of it. ????

I've had a full-race twin scroll dual gate sr20 manifold since 2008 (probably one of the first in Australia to try this full-race setup) - no issues and great quality.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/249832-my-sr20-build-pics-inside/?hl=+twin%20+scroll%20+sr20%20+build%20+thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/260427-my-sr20-build-twin-scroll-3071/?hl=%2Btwin+%2Bscroll+%2Bsr20+%2Bbuild+%2Bthread#entry4501892

I've had more problems with the Hypertune Intake manifold.

Edited by juggernaut1

I have a Sinco manifold on my car, very well priced ($850nzd) and very well made, they even had to custom make it as the EFR internal wastegate and RB30 combo I have, made their standard T4 twinscroll RB26 manifold not a fitting option.

shameless plug but if you want some up close detailed pics of a 6boost manifold or if your near Penrith in western sydney ur welcome to come check it out first hand

or u can buy it and change the flange :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/444681-rb25-6boost-highmount-twin-scroll-t3-manifold-turbosmart-pro-gate-50/#entry7317439

Full race manifolds are stainless steel and robotically welded so the finish is very good.

While 6 boost manifolds work well I think they are poorly fabricated. Weld quality is crap elbows not lined up properly etc and obviously they are only carbon steel. A properly back purged full penetration stainless manifold will NOT crack like alot of the china rubbish you hear about.. The other makes I cant comment on as I have never seen them in the flesh.

As a pipe fitter welder by trade the full race manifold has a much nicer finish.. Unsure of fitment but heard few dramas with 6 boobs lately ;)

from my 6boost experience, Ive come away thinking that they are not great for a street car, thinking

runner diameter and runner length is larger than a stock manifold and therefore creates some lag.. this is based on a

gt3076 twin scroll being slower to boost than a gtx3076 using stock housing, both external 0.82 rear

and using E85..

The GTX hitting 20psi at 3800rpm and the GT just over 4000rpm.. So id always stick with a stocky unless shooting for over 350kw and focused on drag racing or drift;

Edited by AngryRB

I've had both 6Boost and full-race (as mentioned above) in the sr20 configuration. The pipe diameters were the same and quality were both excellent but would sway towards the 6Boost for a better quality finish (this is back in 2008). The full-race is a heavy bugger being cast stainless and comes with lifetime warranty to the original purchaser....as I think the 6Boost does too.

Could you refer me to a cracked Raw Brokerage manifold? As we've yet to receive a complaint from any one.

I'm sure our one piece billet stainless collectors are stronger than a fabricated unit on any other setup:

1lBoYNNl.jpg

TopCat run's one on his 1000hp Time Attack Car, no problems:

4WVdyTI.jpg

• Like 2