SAU Community

Jordy's R32

How'd he get a s15 on p's? N/a?

I thought you had 2 beast cars ;)

You can drive the Aus spec one, the 200SX on your P's in NSW but it has to be stock

His however is the Autech version, i'd love an NA S15 too, they are a bunch of fun and sound amazing!

I've been having intermittent misfires and the typical coughing and spluttering over the last few months, it's been okay as i only drive the car once a week if that right now so it hasn't really bothered me, however my fuel pump has started making a mean groan which sounded absolutely horrible and before i got stranded somewhere with a dead fuel pump i thought now would be a good time to replace it

I came home from work this evening to a care package from Kudos, i purchased the Walbro GSS-341 (255lph) which came as a kit with everything required to install it into the stock position which is great if your car (like mine) still has the factory pump

With the street as my workshop and the sun as my light source i decided to start before it got too dark

Firstly i removed my old pump, be patient with this, be sure not to put too much pressure on the fuel level floater / sender unit
UqAic3cl.jpg

Here is a comparison of the new walbro compared to the stock pump
bZpYBGQl.jpg

To fit the pump in with the stock fuel pump basket you'll need to bend the base off it, the little hook looking part flat, and then cut it off

Y5jLhdSl.jpg

Now attach the fuel pump to the tube which has the barb on it with the supplied hose clamps and new fuel hose
TJiwuKSl.jpg

Attach the filter sock to the base of the pump and lock it on with the small barbed pin/circle clip
vzFKeDwl.jpg

From here i used a Stainless steel cable tie to hold the pump to the basket to stop it moving around, people have used hose clamps however i didn't have a big enough hose clamp handy and the stainless cable tie works fine and looks great :)
NilWH9pl.jpg

After crimping the connections to the supplied plug i plugged the pump in, and reinstalled it back into the fuel tank and turned my car on to make sure it was all working.

Car is purring nicely now on idle, it's also feeling much more lively and less hesitant not to mention the misfire seems to have disappeared! All in all a cheap and good upgrade i would suggest to anyone who is unsure of the history of their fuel pump

Cheers, Jordy

• Like 1

Christmas is gone and done, hope you all enjoyed yourself!

The car has been given some love. Over the break i replaced Oil w/ liquimoly oil flush and filter, Spark plugs and Coil packs. I also gave the AFM a clean while it was out

I then gave my new foam lance a go! what a cool idea!

cKfhAKcl.jpg

Then i took it to family lunch and somehow survived from the city out to dural without getting pulled over, i did however see about 10 highway patrol cars.. that was fun. :P

7AGfFRvl.jpg

Next up, clutch and engine swap i think! - Inter cooler kit is in the mail plane from japan so i've heard, hoping for it to arrive this week! - time to start looking for an EBC and ECU!

Came home to an absolutely huge box from Japan today which contained my inter cooler kit!

I Purchased the GReddy Type LS kit

IkAiDXll.jpg

Cl4gzcrl.jpg

D9i3Xwml.jpg

Super excited about that, all i need now is a clutch and we can drop the motor in!

Edited by Jordy32
  • Like 1

I love this build :wub:

keep it up and keep us updated!

top notch bro.

my 32 has begun to seem a little sluggish and backfires a lot more than it used to.

nothing seems to indicate fuel pump but I guess its worth a check :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not much has been happening with the car, just gathering parts for my turbo swap, I've found an ECU and I've also been introduced to a friend of a friend who owns a fab shop who will be making me an Exhaust and a the cold side intake piping to go with the forward facing plenum

Enjoying the car honestly feels weird! - The R32 wanted to go and see his R33 friends so we went and said hello :cheers:

tsEXm6Cl.jpg

I had a slow week or two at work and was feeling kinda down so i bought myself an ARC cooling Panel for the R32, i love ARC, i love their story and their products so i was happy to pick up this piece, hopefully some more parts pop up that i can buy :)

HDabjcwl.jpg

This is something to smile about i guess
gTvmC1ol.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work mate, I always enjoy seeing a gtr kitted gts or gtst.

If I've read it right a rb25 +t should be a very nice upgrade over the 20de

Thanks! :)

I have an RB25DE from and R33 at the moment (which i found to be a great upgrade in itself haha) and I've just finished an RB25DET from an R33 which is going in in the next month or so

I was going to dabble with +T setups because it really interests me, but i ended up getting a plain old boring DET motor :)

• 1 month later...

Woohoo! im back and with pics!!

Been a while since i posted but it's all happening!!

Took the car for it's last naturally aspirated drive to wisemans ferry, it was a strangely cold night and the car absolutely loved it, shame to think i was pulling the motor out the next day!
FgscUMUl.jpg

Put the Rb25 in my mate's stagea and set off to my dad's house who has a garage he's letting me use!
N4ctG8nl.jpg

Just before she was pulled down

zWozsmvl.jpg

Front end and other bits off
Z7Z047Pl.jpg

Fluids drained and loom disconnected
lLwfIMal.jpg

Aaaannd, out she came!
faZNhLZl.jpg

Rolled the car out into the sun and gave the bay a nice wash
fKS76V2l.jpg

Went for a swim and had some lunch while we let the bay dry :yes:

More news when i get home! :)

• Like 1

Had a few productive days on the car, going a little insane but that's alright

xfJA729l.jpg
Tapped the old throwout bearing off

5U7pzMol.jpg
Pressed the new one on and greased the appropriate surfaces

S7wEzpAl.jpg?1

Got the clutch and related bits together

New Nissan Clutch Master cyl (Greddy Plenum in R32 with RB25 Clearance issues, apparently)

New Clutch kit

New Nismo Pivot Ball

New ARP Flywheel Bolts
New Nissan Clutch bolts

New Spiggot

jNPzydFl.jpg

While the engine was out i decided to install a GKtech solid steering spacer, mine was in surprisingly good condition already, but i thought it was a good idea while the engine was out! I also replaced my steering rack bushes, they where haggard.. Should feel much better up front with both of those done!

I put the new engine in, got my dad to give me a hand with that haha.. Engine wired up and pumps mounted it was time for bed

qsEGxg3l.jpg