SAU Community

Jordy's R32

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new front bumper for the car as my current one has had a tough life

G4ukN1pl.jpg

I got the bumper and all brand new hardware for mounting the bar, and the front lip to the bar, Thankfully the mesh, reo, vents etc etc can be reused from my old bumper, will be saving that aside for when the car goes in for paint (hopefully soon!)

Thanks to the guys at justjap for being really helpful and organizing the fastener kit!.. I should note, they told me that the bar has now been discontinued from nissan and i was one of the last people to get a new one that they know of, which is exciting! - I guess you can still buy the stock GTR bar, but the N1 version is now no longer Available! if you guys are looking for one, hit up a retailer soon and get one before they're gone :)

Cheers

Not a bad price for the fitting kit

Yeah, my thoughts too!

i had a go taking my current bolts and clips off my current bar, 2 snapped due to being so rusted and corroded so i just stopped there..

I don't think it's an actual kit by nissan, but the boys at just jap put it together for me

Parts are as follows

Front bumper attaching to the front reo bar
01461-00781 - SCREW x10

01241-00791 - CLIP x10

Front lower lip to front bumper

K9601-13921 - BOLT x5

08911-2062H - NUT-HEX x5

N1 Front bumper cover (try your luck, some nissan dealership might have one sitting around?)
62022-06U25

Some screws and clips from the 10 are used to secure the lip also

There is also a bag of 7 push lock clip things which don't have a part number on the bag, sorry

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate any idea on your wheel alignment settings?? on the rear?

Hey man, to be honest i don't, yet..

I can tell you from my eyes it's cambering in at the back a considerable amount from being lowered as much as it is and also toe'ing in due to the arms being at such odd angles, planning on raising it soon to hopefully fix that, but the guards will need some attention i think

Car has been good lately, took it for a drive up to the blue mountains yesterday

Met up with a very well known forum member

hvTmlJCl.jpg
"that car from speedhunters" haha

wEe1JYhl.jpg

Explorered a few of the roads around there, some very nice sweepers and tight hairpins, highway patrol also had a good look at both of our skylines on the side of the road

NlLhBoil.jpg

Weather was okay, overcast and patchy rain, thankfully it wasn't too hot and the roads were quiet!

Took the road all the way up through Bilpin and had a chunky steak pie for lunch, followed by some local made fudge for the road, next time ill get the apple pie, looked really good

XpuKHsel.jpg

Drove all the way up to the Evans lookout. I would have loved to have kept going all day, there's certainly a lot to explore but i was getting really tired as i didn't get the best nights sleep and had a drive back to Sydney ahead of me

oB1UM15l.jpg

Then all the way back home!

Thanks Terry for suggesting a few roads and coming to say gday, nice to meet you :)

Not much has been happening on the modification front

I raised the car about 30mm all round, i think it looks a lot better, it's much more comfortable and i can get into my suburb without any bumps of scrapes now which is great

uUjWzIRl.jpg

But I'm about to leave to go the the UK for 6 weeks so I'm putting the car in the garage at my dads house and leaving it there until i return :)

Edited by Jordy32
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

This car has unfortunately been sold.

I am focusing on my new job for the time being and hope to be playing with cars in a few months when I have had a think about what I want, and decided on a direction to go.

I will still be on the forum most days chatting to people and offering advice, If a mod could lock this thread? or we can let it simply fade away.

Thanks everyone

:cheers: