SAU Community

Sleeper Exhaust Systems

r34unit

Looking to build or buy an exhaust that is super stealth and quiet but is non restrictive up to around 350kw. (no i do not want to go a varex muffler)
Currently running 3inch turbo down to cat then a 4inch kakimoto.
I was thinking from cat back run a 3inch exhaust with 2 mufflers ? any other ideas or sneaky stuff people have done ?

What do you mean sneaky?

I ran a hooker aero chamber and a Berkeley straight through at the rear. Was under the legal vole by a fair bit, no drone and flowed over 300 rwkw.

Research exhaust design. Two mufflers the same don't do much more than one. Fit the biggest mufflers you can fit. Look at branch resonators if you have a particular frequency drone you want to cancel.

I tried a few combos until I was happy with the result.

• Like 1

By sneaky I mean running a stock cat back exhaust then running a waste gate with a small pound spring to vent out exhaust gases. attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1423175348.468724.jpg

Like so :) ^

very cheeky indeed, similar to how OEM cars get away with noise. If you crack open a stock EVO muffler it uses a little flapper to control noise when doodling around town.

I have the HKS silent hi power on my GT-t. Has a Hypergear SS2 turbo, custom 3' dump and front pipe and hi flow cat and its really quiet at idle. I can confirm that the nismo is quieter having been on a few cruises with Raj.

And I'm currently making 320.6 rwkw at 22psi on E85 so it doesn't appear to be too much of a restriction

plus one for the Nismo.... i put one the 3" version on a N/A skyline and it was still very quiet and sounded batter than any custom system i had heard before.... i was very suprised when we started and drove the car.

another option is like the exhaust i have i think its a fubijsbu its a twin 2.25 inch system with a single straight through muffler at the rear and 2 resonators, passed EPA and flowed 350kw

I got a full 3.5" turbo back exhaust with a custom oval 3.5" muffler and a custom AES 3.5" rear round muffler

Nice and quiet and doesn't drone, been pulled over for rbts and by random cops in the city and even asked to rev the car and they were happy with the volume

So far flows 450kw ample for your power

• Like 1

If that thing had any mufflers in it in the first place!! They are both far too small to do anything. Replace the centre one with the biggest oval centre-centre muffler you can. Replace the rear one with the biggest muffler (probably oval again) you can. Instant fixup.