SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Since I started doing work on the car someone would always pop up and ask if I have installed a surge tank, or not to drive it hardish under 1/4 full without one. I did not think I would need a surge tank but at times I do let it go under 1/4, stuffed if I know :/

The level of driving hard on the road isn't high enough to require surge tank, keeping over 1/4 is really just a precaution just incase and something I do even with a surge tank

The fuel pickup is on the drivers side of the tank so if it is nearly empty don't push heaps hard around right handers :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info but a bit late :)

I had stated a few times on SAU I would get a surge tank with the work to finish my build, mainly due to blokes saying , get one installed, for the cost of a surge tank, it is a good safety addition for the car to make sure the motor does not have a problem because of surge.

But now I am not sure if I should just put it on the shelf , sell it or have it installed :/

Since I started doing work on the car someone would always pop up and ask if I have installed a surge tank, or not to drive it hardish under 1/4 full without one. I did not think I would need a surge tank but at times I do let it go under 1/4, stuffed if I know :/

I think the problem is that those people giving that advice don't have to live in the real world with a modified R34. Therefore they have no idea of how much of a pain in the ass the external surge tank setups can be.

Sure in boot setups can work, but I occasionally like to use my boot and drive the car more than a few hundred km's.

If most of your hard driving is in a straight line, even a 1/4 tank level wont be an issue.

Bloody computer servers :(

It is Swedish , Nuke Performance twin Walbro internal pump

If you really want one, sell that one and get an Aftermarket Industries, SP800, or the 1200. holds pumps in tank, less clutter. Pumps can be staged so you aren't returning all the fuel at low power/rpm.

or do what GTRNUR said,

I made a custom 8.5ltr surge tank for my 34 that sits under the wheel well with an external Weldon 2025A pump ( loud as all fark )

I am looking at the 5ltr squareish Sard collector tank and modifing it to sit in the same place to run twin E85 walbro to keep noise down and increase the capacity of to around what I have now

This is why I suggested the Sard tank as it shoud be able to be mounted sideways and just rotate the lid to put pump lower in the fuel which should allow it to be mounted under the car

I'm Not a fan of twin pump setups incase one pump fails but given I have a fuel pressure sensor setup and twin Lambdas going in I think I will be ok

• Like 1

I think the problem is that those people giving that advice don't have to live in the real world with a modified R34. Therefore they have no idea of how much of a pain in the ass the external surge tank setups can be.

Sure in boot setups can work, but I occasionally like to use my boot and drive the car more than a few hundred km's.

If most of your hard driving is in a straight line, even a 1/4 tank level wont be an issue.

Most of my driving is on hills, the straight line driving gets boring after you get used of your new power. I drive 3 to 7 times a week to keep the cobwebs out :).

I agree about the boot as I use the 34 for longer trips but I only have one girl at home now so a little bit more spare room.

If you really want one, sell that one and get an Aftermarket Industries, SP800, or the 1200. holds pumps in tank, less clutter. Pumps can be staged so you aren't returning all the fuel at low power/rpm.

or do what GTRNUR said,

The pumps are going to be staged.

We were looking at the SP1200 but could not get it for about a month and I was sick of waiting to finish the build, pretty dumb, but :/

+1 on the aftermarket industries surge tanks I've brought one, haven't used it yet but it's a work of art

This Nuke looks pretty good, but no one seems to have heard of them :/

It is an intank surge model , 3lt and a pretty compact model, so I guess I have paid for it, I had at least should try it :)

After market industries is a winner

Yeah mate , from what I have read these are great, but I have had enough of waiting, the car was booked in for this Friday and I could not get the SP1200 for at least another 3 or 4 weeks and my patients is stuffed, I want it done!

I am sure this Nuke will do the job :)

Yeah mate , from what I have read these are great, but I have had enough of waiting, the car was booked in for this Friday and I could not get the SP1200 for at least another 3 or 4 weeks and my patients is stuffed, I want it done!

I am sure this Nuke will do the job :)

I only recommended AI after I looked and thought the nuke was external only!

Nuke will do the job just fine!

I only recommended AI after I looked and thought the nuke was external only!

Nuke will do the job just fine!

I was confused with their ad, when I looked at it, there were external and internal but they both looked like external except for the colour of the pumps. But Jez sent the right info for the internal model, all good :)