SAU Community

R33 Vs R34 Gt-r Pricing

id see it dropping the value 9 times out of 10. as most people would be wary why it was painted, accident history, no longer original etc etc

Even if there was full pics of before, during, and after?

Honestly its because i dont trust people so maybe its just me....

I wouldnt have bought my GTR had i not been able to talk to boostworks who did the work on the car and go through step by step what had been done and how the rebuild went etc... i wouldnt have taken the sellers word for it even with reciepts etc. but again could just be me....

I would be OK if it had been resprayed as long as it had before and after shots. To get a car of that quality in BB or Melenium Jade (my personal preferences) I would be stoked.

Can you put a link to that FB thread please?

Talking to the owner of the white one.

Anyway I can verify it's been rebuilt? He has no receipts and claims it was built by the previous owner. Any way of telling of the water pump and oil pump are N1? Can a bore-scope tell the pistons are N1 by looking at them?

I can vouch for Adam's white 33R, whilst I don't know Adam personally, I've been a Boostworx customer for over 10 years and have seen it over the years as well as around a month ago, it's an excellent example. If I had the cash I'd buy it!

drop Shaun an email or give him a call if you need further verification, I'm sure he'd happily answer any questions

Buy a 32.

They look better than both :P

But Srsly.

It comes down to looks vs performance.

this gets me every time.

33 is much better than a 32, in terms of wear and performance for money.

Respray is ok if its the original colour not a colour change for maintaining value, obviously mint orignal paint is worth the most. Run a micrometer over the car to check fhe thickness of the paint to determine if it has been a quality bare metal respray or has been rubbed back and painted over the original paint, or has been painted 3 or 4 times.

Ive seen a few go for high 30's recently inlcuding the pne drag on silvia used to own a bb 99 vspec, and the white one also a 99 vspec thats in the for sale section of this forum.

Maybe when the r36 drops next year oe the year after it will push 35 prices down and also 34 prices.

I dont have a problem paying 50k for a nice clean example id just want to make sure it is non accident genuine kms etc

claims it was built by the previous owner.

Spoken to countless people with <20psi imports "with built" engines. No way of knowing, but swear on baby jesus life that they're "built"

How much was the rough estimate for a full spray?

I honestly don't see the problem. All the street machines / show cars are resprayed, so why not a skyline?

If it's quality, it will show.

I had a respray done due to clear peeling.

Car was already another colour.

Changed it again.

Didn't do it the same colour.

Painted the colour I wanted.

If you want to paint it, do it for you.

If you're already thinking about impact on resale, possibly the car isn't for you?

this gets me every time.

33 is much better than a 32, in terms of wear and performance for money.

I was talking performance vs looks in his original 33 vs 34 debate.

But, I do love my 32 :)

I've had both Gtr's, all depends on what you want to use it for?

daily or weekend warrior?

I was in the same boat but with the r35 or r34 i choose r34 as i wanted a weekend warrior.

If it was for a daily, hands down r35.

but there's something about the r34 that gives it abit more street creed over the rest...

I mite be wrong but maybe Fast n Furious had something to do with this.