SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I have heard that this has mostly been moved onto the RWC/Defect under the title of "confirm all emissions equipment is OK" or thereabouts.

Definitely been a known downturn in getting EPA'ed, but it could simply be a R Series skyline is now becoming more of an old retro classic now, it is not what hoon kids are using, it may be aging out of the hooniverse in the eyes of captain plod.

Compared to rocket bunny 86's and golf R's and the like.
Pure conjecture though!

Prolly get defected on the way home for saying it, but cops don't pay attention to my Skyline anymore. Just another old car and too few on the road to still have a name. P players aren't interested in owning them and I wonder if the police will move on to targeting hot hatches now?

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

I have heard that this has mostly been moved onto the RWC/Defect under the title of "confirm all emissions equipment is OK" or thereabouts.

Definitely been a known downturn in getting EPA'ed, but it could simply be a R Series skyline is now becoming more of an old retro classic now, it is not what hoon kids are using, it may be aging out of the hooniverse in the eyes of captain plod.

Compared to rocket bunny 86's and golf R's and the like.
Pure conjecture though!

What are your turbo/setup plans Greg?

I would've really liked to drive your setup as is too see how laggy it is with a gtx3582 but too hard to compare it to a normal setup being an auto 

VWL ethics time:

Guy I know through work was on holiday for a mates wedding in South Africa. His house burnt down while they were away. Nothing left, apparently house was out of control when fire brigade arrived, caved it on itself.  Apparently there was someone house-sitting the place and apparently heard smoke alarm at ~1:30am, got out of bed, found house burning down, got out of house.

This was over Christmas break, colleagues/friends heard about the issue. Word spread through company, went to upper management and organised a morning-tea across all sites and the office. They were accepting cash donations to help him and his wife get on their feet once they came back from holiday. Don't have any kids.

I was cautious of just handing over money because someone said so. Did they have insurance? Apparently renovations were done recently, could this have been caused from that (guy is an electrician, may have done it himself)? has someone inspected the property and found the cause? I'm not sure if the guy basically asked for a hand-out (doubt it) or whether someone took initiative and started accepting money. What if the guy refused the money? where would it go? no list of who contributed, just a bag of cash.

I didn't want to hand-over money without more information. Which people on my site couldn't answer. One guy having a go at me for it. Thoughts?

My plans are to downsize, not because I need extra response in any way, but mainly because for my intended power target the turbo is never going to be optimal. Using a 500-550RWKW turbo to make .. ~330-350 is never going to be close to optimal..

It's plenty responsive in a 2.8 and the auto. I pretty much can't drive it around in vacuum, 20-30% throttle will see me on 5psi at 3k pretty much all the time which as you can imagine is f**king amazing for fuel economy. :P

Welcome to come and try it if you want, I would wager the GTX3582 is better than the ATR, I did drive them back to back. I'm always keen to try other setups to get ideas and more knowledge and all that jazz to see what else is out there and where to go next!

10 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

VWL ethics time:

Guy I know through work was on holiday for a mates wedding in South Africa. His house burnt down while they were away. Nothing left, apparently house was out of control when fire brigade arrived, caved it on itself.  Apparently there was someone house-sitting the place and apparently heard smoke alarm at ~1:30am, got out of bed, found house burning down, got out of house.

This was over Christmas break, colleagues/friends heard about the issue. Word spread through company, went to upper management and organised a morning-tea across all sites and the office. They were accepting cash donations to help him and his wife get on their feet once they came back from holiday. Don't have any kids.

I was cautious of just handing over money because someone said so. Did they have insurance? Apparently renovations were done recently, could this have been caused from that (guy is an electrician, may have done it himself)? has someone inspected the property and found the cause? I'm not sure if the guy basically asked for a hand-out (doubt it) or whether someone took initiative and started accepting money. What if the guy refused the money? where would it go? no list of who contributed, just a bag of cash.

I didn't want to hand-over money without more information. Which people on my site couldn't answer. One guy having a go at me for it. Thoughts?

If I liked the guy I would have given a little bit to tide over till insurance payout. not helping to rebuild or anything.

but need a roof for a week or 2 till insurance sorts their crap out.

(if no insurance then no further cares)

Just go borgwarner. Becoz trendy on SAU.

After money was collected, i found out they did have insurance. Insurance inspecting house soon, being put up in a hotel eventually (?) but staying at a relatives place in the interim.

Im not friends with the guy and i contract to the company, so im not an employee. I signed the card with a friendly message and left it at that. I feel for them, it would suck royally, but if it happened to me i could not accept a hand-out from work colleagues. If they couldnt give it back id just ask them to donate the money to a charity. Thats what insurance is for.

31 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

My plans are to downsize, not because I need extra response in any way, but mainly because for my intended power target the turbo is never going to be optimal. Using a 500-550RWKW turbo to make .. ~330-350 is never going to be close to optimal..

It's plenty responsive in a 2.8 and the auto. I pretty much can't drive it around in vacuum, 20-30% throttle will see me on 5psi at 3k pretty much all the time which as you can imagine is f**king amazing for fuel economy. :P

Welcome to come and try it if you want, I would wager the GTX3582 is better than the ATR, I did drive them back to back. I'm always keen to try other setups to get ideas and more knowledge and all that jazz to see what else is out there and where to go next!

Yeah one weekend when your free ill drive yours and you can drive mine :)

Pat doing his rebuild making me want to change turbos

Thinking of  EFR 7670 or a GTX Gen 2 3076 may be ideal

Ill stalk and add you on FB and we can organise one day

32 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

VWL ethics time:

Yeah you would think that's what insurance is for. But if it was a close work mate yeah i'd just donate.

28 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Just go borgwarner. Becoz trendy on SAU.

I have actually bought a BW because, as mentioned better way for that not manual gearbox killing /enjoy having grip life.

10 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Yeah one weekend when your free ill drive yours and you can drive mine :)

Pat doing his rebuild making me want to change turbos

Thinking of  EFR 7670 or a GTX Gen 2 3076 may be ideal

I went from the HG to a GTX3076r... safe to say I was like OH YEP OK THIS IS GREAT WHY DIDNT I DO THIS SOONER.
Especially as birdie told me you are running 320kw anyhow.