SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

2 hours ago, dezz said:

I didn't even bother trying to work out what he was talking about...

was in reference to someone saying something along the lines of only 800k profit is a good investment 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

I see

How's the doggo going? From your instagram posts looks like a cool pup.

Did you take him to puppy school / training? 

Edited by UNR33L

you mean, bitcoin smashed though 10K, hits 11K nearly drops to 8K slowly starts to rally

fun 24 hours

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/bitcoins-wild-ride-continues-with-20-per-cent-plunge-in-90-minutes-20171129-gzvlfg.html

oh and people are going to get taxed on these shortly..so much for anonymous

http://fortune.com/2017/11/29/irs-coinbase/

Finally back home for good. Can get stuck into the cars.

So apparently the instrument panel lights on the triumph are purposely fused with the tail-lights as a warning to the driver to check the tail lights... but its not usually the fuse thats the problem, its the contact to the fuse. Need to get my dremel out tonight and also purchase a bunch of new globes. Fingers crossed theyre not some weird shitty sizes.

Narrator: but as it turns out, they were some weird, shitty sizes.
Actually they're not. I could actually purchase the globes from Bunnings (if they sold 12V globes).
I'm sure BA15 bayonet sizes are a British standard anyway...
What is annoying though, is that the brake lights are actually 12V 5W from factory, which is a joke, explains why I could hardly see them. But if I install 20W ones like the indicator, I'll be scared they melt the wiring if illuminated for too long haha oh well, won't be my problem (hopefully)

PS Martin buy this car.

46 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Actually they're not. I could actually purchase the globes from Bunnings (if they sold 12V globes).
I'm sure BA15 bayonet sizes are a British standard anyway...
What is annoying though, is that the brake lights are actually 12V 5W from factory, which is a joke, explains why I could hardly see them. But if I install 20W ones like the indicator, I'll be scared they melt the wiring if illuminated for too long haha oh well, won't be my problem (hopefully)

PS Martin buy this car.

I may or may not have a sizeable collection of new globes you can pick up a selection of from me

8 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Leigh, so after ~1 month of ownership how does it compare to be back in a lightweight but less powerful chassis?

Yeah it's good, handles crazy good and brakes are awesome. 

It's cool having a new car with heaps of modern features with an old school feeling turbocharged engine & manual gearbox.
The turbo lag and when it hits makes it feel faster than what it is, which in a way is good for the street. Once I'm nearing the end of warranty will do some mods surely, but for now happy with how it is, maybe just get a catback exhaust soon. 

8 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

370rwkw

160awkw? not sure :D

I may or may not have a sizeable collection of new globes you can pick up a selection of from me

All good. I bought what I needed for $11.Still got a gremlin where with one of the rear parkers plugged in, it prevents the brake light on the other tail light from working... :confused: I've got a homemade CAD wiring diagram from online, but doesn't really help narrow things down.

/moneylinesaustralia

My $400USD venture into various crypto is now worth $570USD in under a month. Take that bank interest rates!

It's a bit confusing where values can be estimated/defined to USD, or altcoins against Bitcoin or Ethereum. So with bitcoin rising so fast, it looks like the altcoins are dropping, but against the USD they're increasing too.