SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

This time it sits at the msi screen, can access bios which I couldn't last time, but now it switches itself off after about 10-15 seconds at the msi screen... Fix it Leigh

Does it switch off once you're in the Bios? if so then looks screwed again. 

If not.. check you can see your hard drive information in it and check that it's still set as your first boot device and make sure you've got no USB devices/Headphones plugged in (..yes I've seen headphones stop boot before)

Edited by UNR33L

Doesn't switch off in bios, boot order is usb then hdd, I assume that's so it would boot from a boot disk usb before hdd if you were trying to reinstall os etc? I didn't change any boot order so as far as I know that's the factory default boot order..

Only usb plugged in is the wireless mouse dongle which has always been plugged in...

23 minutes ago, dezz said:

Doesn't switch off in bios, boot order is usb then hdd, I assume that's so it would boot from a boot disk usb before hdd if you were trying to reinstall os etc? I didn't change any boot order so as far as I know that's the factory default boot order..

Only usb plugged in is the wireless mouse dongle which has always been plugged in...

Lol, the mrs has had corrupt video files and corrupt excel spreadsheets in the last 3 months.. I'm like wtf do you even do to cause this? 

1 minute ago, TiTAN said:

Turn off, unplug power cord, Pull out battery. Leave for 5 minutes. Plug battery back in and try turning it on.

Do this, if error still occurs change boot device #1 to your hard disk

Turn off, unplug power cord, Pull out battery. Leave for 5 minutes. Plug battery back in and try turning it on.

Was hoping to avoid pulling the mother f**ker apart for the 10th time after paying these mother f**kers to fix it.. But I guess I'll have to try that

1 hour ago, UNR33L said:

I'll PM you some info 

Thx.

Also badluck Dezz.

My HP spectre i bought this year has been a dream so far.

Generally when i had any hardware issues they came onsite and fixed it on the spot