SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Rare for Audis to want to give you a go; have only had oppprtunity against a friend's ECU flashed S3 and an SQ7. Everytime I see an RS3 they drive sensibly.

Golf GTIs on the other hand...

Test drove a Focus RS on the weekend, that's a seriously good performance car. The only problems I had with it were a few dailyness nice things it missed (e.g blind spot assist, sunroof option, digital gauge cluster, amongst other things) so ended up sticking with what I've wanted for a while now and went the STI. The boxer sound was a winner too, the RS pop offs were very artificial sounding IMO.

No doubt in my mind that the RS is the better car performance wise out of the box though, the thing felt so planted and heaps of grunt with little to no lag, gearbox felt better to use than the STI too. If it was a track only or DECA car I was looking at would be the RS. Didn't test drive any Golfs or Mustangs in the end.

Edited by UNR33L

35 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Nice. Have you ordered it? What's ETA? What options?

Yeah put a deposit down on the weekend for a MY18 model (17 built obviously), ended up going with the STI Spec R which is basically the STI Premium with Recaro seats added on top. (so has all the nice ass warmer seats, 3 cameras (1 up front and 1 on mirror points to front rim / curb, sunroof etc) Got it in Blue, my first coloured car after a Silver, White, White, Black car.

ETA mid this week. Oh also optioned it with tint and black slimline number plates (normal plates though) 

Now I'm already eyeing off exhausts.. Invidia R400 looking like a winner. 
http://www.invidia-exhausts.com.au/invidia-r400-cat-back-with-ti-tips-straight-cut-suit-my15-subaru-wrx-sti/

Edited by UNR33L

Nah the 'Spec R' model comes standard with the spoiler. 

Pickup on Tuesday I think, if I can get my bank cheque sorted out in time. (MEBANK they have to send one express mail.. haha)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Needs turquoise Gram lites.

Any exhausts that don't come with Ti tip?
Guess you don't get to choose interior colours or anything else to differentiate from every other STI?
Resale would be decent on those.

That one does come with stainless steel tips but just not on their site, which is what i'd go for, yeah there's no interior options at all really, it's like standard/premium/spec r and then they come with specified seats for the model & other accessories. 

I'm not sure, I actually reckon my FPV got better resale when comparing what I got to other STIs of the same era on carsales. Hopefully the Spec R means something for resale though yeah. 

Evos and STD's do pretty well resale wise.

Plus people with the older ones always wanting goodies from the newer ones to put in their older models. Seems to be a blessing and a curse that Subaru don't change much (if at all) between models. It's like a cheap way of doing modular cars.

Yeah apparently the STI engine refresh isn't due till 2020 to go the FA platform. 

The problem with the normal WRX was the sound of the FA engine :P 
The STI ol' EJ sounds beast still for a 4 banger, my first 4 banger :O