SAU Community

Bills 33 Gtst Streeter/track Car

Project MU aren't that noisy..

if..

shims are clean

shims have that anti squeal shit

rotors are perfectly flat

I recently installed 350Z Brembos, they don't come with shims OEM.. can't wait to drive on them.. will be squeal city. Lucky Project MU sell the shim kit for 350Z and R34 Brembos.

Nothing positive. Chasing a boost leak ATM. The turbo isn't holding boost the way it used to in the top end anymore. It used to hold 17.5-18psi and is currently only holding 14-15psi. It will make full boost with a pod but not with the airbox back on. Used to be fine with airbox. I will be removing the upper intake manifold this weekend hopefully to replace that gasket and check all those little hoses down there. I will update with my findings.

This is the same findings I had with my factory airbox, Pod filter on its fine. Everyone said the factory box is shit. Could be just a dirty filter though, no? My panel filter is filthy too

Filter is clean. Apexi panel, I have also tested with a BMC and k and n I have laying around. Same result. There is something else going on with my car because I never had an issue with holding boost before with the stock airbox. I'm suspecting the upper intake manifold gasket which I haven't had time to replace yet. Obviously the pod filter does flow slightly better than and unmodified stock air box and therefore is allowing the turbo to hold boost better although there is a problem somewhere. I find the sound of the pod to be hideous and annoying. Air box is my preference, just gotta track down the source of my issue.

If you take the plenum off check the two half's are flat and not warped, my R33 plenum had a bow in it and a new gasket was not enough to seal it, and tightening the bolts too tight makes it crack, lesson learnt here..

Edited by AngryRB

Get someone to smoke test it. At least that will stop you replacing things that is not broken

I want to replace that gasket as a maintenance thing. They do tend to fail on 25's and its a 20 year old part now so I might as well do it. Its not a 26 so I don't need 300 hours to take the plenum apart[emoji12]

If you take the plenum off check the two half's are flat and not warped, my R33 plenum had a bow in it and a new gasket was not enough to seal it, and tightening the bolts too tight makes it crack, lesson learnt here..

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it with a straight edge when I finally get around to doing the job.

I may have found my problem. I blocked the bov off, just to rule it out and since it was quick and easy to do. Boost is now building up quicker, faster, harder and is holding up top perfectly. Just got to put the airbox back on and verify. If its all good then I will have to decide wether I continue driving around like a full hectic uleh, doseing and fluttering everywhere or getting a new bov.

get longer FMIC piping LOL... add additional longer sections for no reason

I might make some piping to go all the way to the back of the car and then do a 180 and come back. Ya reckon that'll do the trick[emoji1] lol.