SAU Community

Bills 33 Gtst Streeter/track Car

On 15/12/2023 at 11:22 AM, Komdotkom said:

I can't see the video of this laying 11's up the street, can you upload again please.

All in good time, been away on holidays.

On 26/12/2023 at 9:20 PM, Komdotkom said:

And then?

Took it out this evening up and down beach rd doing hectic flutters like a mad P plater, pissing off all the Karen's from Brighton types. Up to around 550km now and have been getting into it a bit.

On my way home, was turning into my street, there was a couple young bogans in their commos sitting at a red light staring at the 33. Gave it a good clutch kick in 2nd and had it sliding down the street, bogans where frothing at the mouth. Felt fuggin good. Went back a few minutes later to check my work, can confirm 11's where laid. Sorry no video, working on it.

A bit earlier went through one of those mobile phone/seatbelt camera things. I may have been over the speed limit a bit. Anyone know if those f**kers can dish out speeding fines too?

Edit, these type of cameras

r0_0_5568_3712_w5568_h3712_fmax.thumb.jpg.826287e6bae0ad2dcf2259aadf06ba34.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 27/12/2023 at 6:55 AM, r32-25t said:

No Speeding fines just phone fine and seat belt warnings for now (that’s in nsw)

From the little googling I've done, seems to be the same here in Vic but you never know if they've sneakily added capability for you know revenue, I mean road safety purposes.

We'll see if I get a notice in the mail over the next few weeks. I think I should be right.

Forgot to mention, chopped a couple gai boys in a Golf R and GTI in my travels yesterday.

These Zestino drift tyres seem to give really good straight line traction. Can almost put all the power down in 2nd gear which is really good. Hot or cold doesn't seem to matter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks like all the hard work paid off, when is the Turbosmart 6262 turbo coming?

Stock pistons brah, not happening. Lol. The most I'd probably go is hypergear hf bb upgrade in an op6 housing and only if the current snail shits itself. Will probably give another 10-15rwkw. My injectors are already just about maxed but could possibly handle the above.

Other option would be like a 3076 or modern equivalent and keep power at 330rwkw or whatever the injectors will allow. Again only if I find myself needing to repair current turbo.

Trying to make grown up, sound financial decisions. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing much has really been going on with this. It's been a case of no news is good news. The 1000km milestone has been reached and all is well thus far. 

Time to change to synthetic oil and send it's mum. Actually before I do any sending, I want to verify the timing. My timing light shit itself so waiting for new one in the mail, will get done once it arrives.

• Like 2

On 24/01/2024 at 7:41 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Nice mate, any track days you're looking forward to?

Not ATM. The bug hasn't bitten yet.

Just happy to cruise around in it for now. I'm looking at making it more family friendly by putting a cat back in it, try to quieten it a bit, possibly better less crashy suspension and add child seat. Hopefully then will be able to use it for some Sunday drives with the family and get more usage out of it.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 3:14 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If you need the mounting/restraint points, get them here, they're based in VIC too.

https://rawsparts.com/nissan_skyline_r33/98-r33-gtr-cra-kit.html

1/2 the price of what wreckers or the numpties on Facebook want to them, not to mention it's brand new.

I've got some of those somewhere, I remember removing them years ago but if I can't find them (likely) I'll grab some of those. Thanks for the lead👍

• Like 1