SAU Community

Bills 33 Gtst Streeter/track Car

On 09/12/2023 at 10:18 PM, MBS206 said:

Yeah, but, it's like go and buy a Nissan filter. Nissan didn't make it, it's likely a Ryco etc.

You bought exedy, but "they didn't make" that specific part.

Chances are, lots of actual exedy kits are, and have been, running aisin plates for ages.

Yes but when you buy that Nissan/Ryco filter it comes in a Nissan box labelled as Nissan. In this case it was in an Aisin box. A heads up would have been nice. If I had received it in an Exedy box I wouldn't have a problem if that's what Exedy supplied. I don't really care as long as it does the job as well as the Exedy did. 8 years of 300+rwkw with a fair bit of abuse. Time will tell as always.

On 09/12/2023 at 10:22 PM, MBS206 said:

The question is, when you bled the coolant, did you do so with the heater tap fully opened and heater on?

If you haven't, you may have an air bubble in the heater core, double check your coolant level and overflow bottle.

I have a swirl pot thingy, constantly self bleeding. If it is air in there it will sort itself out soon enough.

10 hours ago, admS15 said:

Thanks @Komdotkom I'm up to 125km now. Wow 500, I was thinking 200. Suppose I'll leave it a bit longer then. 

You can change the oil but I'd avoid full synthetic until you've done a few more km. Chrome or iron rings? If they're iron go for it they'll be fine, chome just a bit longer 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 10:08 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Actually would love a M3 Wagon, S58, ZF, xDrive makes me horny.

I'd like one of those too, ultimate family vehicle, ain't happening though. I can only dream. 

16 hours ago, admS15 said:

Yes but when you buy that Nissan/Ryco filter it comes in a Nissan box labelled as Nissan. In this case it was in an Aisin box. A heads up would have been nice. If I had received it in an Exedy box I wouldn't have a problem if that's what Exedy supplied. I don't really care as long as it does the job as well as the Exedy did. 8 years of 300+rwkw with a fair bit of abuse. Time will tell as always.

I have a swirl pot thingy, constantly self bleeding. If it is air in there it will sort itself out soon enough.

Not always are those parts in a "Nissan" package etc.

I've bought Toyota parts, on Toyota part numbers, from a Toyota dealership, and they come in the manufacturers boxes. The current one that springs straight to mind was Toyota wheel bearings, were in SKF boxes from memory.

If it gets re-boxed/rebranded, you just pay more. So long as it's the correct/same part I'd be happy. That's the part I'd be double checking with the supplier. :)

On 10/12/2023 at 3:46 PM, MBS206 said:

Not always are those parts in a "Nissan" package etc.

I've bought Toyota parts, on Toyota part numbers, from a Toyota dealership, and they come in the manufacturers boxes. The current one that springs straight to mind was Toyota wheel bearings, were in SKF boxes from memory.

If it gets re-boxed/rebranded, you just pay more. So long as it's the correct/same part I'd be happy. That's the part I'd be double checking with the supplier. :)

Doesn't seem to be slipping, so it shouldn't be a problem. I did check the coolant level a little earlier and I was able to get almost another litre in there. We'll see how that effects the heater.

Up to 200km now. Pretty sure rings are seated now but I'll give it another 100km. Gave it a few pulls in 3rd and 4th till around 5.5-6k rpm and 1 pull in 2nd to 7300rpm. Roll on skidded a bit. She feels good and definitely making the power. Got to 1.4bar, that's full boost. All good and loved it. I put the rear seats in too, no more knocking, it was the rear trims flapping about. 

Found a couple more clamps that I hadn't seated properly, fixed those up. Pretty chuffed with myself. Can now add successfuly rebuilding an rb25 to my mechanical achievements.

Maybe I should go and get my TM racing 250 2 stroke dirt bike engine (once upon a time I thought I was Mr Motorcross) and Mazda 13B Bridgeport thats been left at my parents house and get on to fixing those. I'm sure that will make wifey happy, lol.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Up to 200km now. Pretty sure rings are seated now but I'll give it another 100km. Gave it a few pulls in 3rd and 4th till around 5.5-6k rpm and 1 pull in 2nd to 7300rpm. Roll on skidded a bit. She feels good and definitely making the power. Got to 1.4bar, that's full boost. All good and loved it. I put the rear seats in too, no more knocking, it was the rear trims flapping about. 

Found a couple more clamps that I hadn't seated properly, fixed those up. Pretty chuffed with myself. Can now add successfuly rebuilding an rb25 to my mechanical achievements.

Maybe I should go and get my TM racing 250 2 stroke dirt bike engine (once upon a time I thought I was Mr Motorcross) and Mazda 13B Bridgeport thats been left at my parents house and get on to fixing those. I'm sure that will make wifey happy, lol.

I was going to reply to your clutch reply, but then red motocross and 13B...

13B, definitely get it, find some parts to give it a basic freshen up while you clean it up as much as possible, and sell it.

Will likely pay off everything you spent on RB25 :P

alternatively, secure yourself another 13B, and go watch a couple of Rob Dahms latest videos on building 4 rotor 1000hp engines, and how they're making it more affordable for the average Joe...

PS, if wife is giving too much trouble, considering investing in divorce. It's really expensive, but you can't put a value on freedom and car shenanigans.

• Haha 3

Do not give me evil thoughts, lol.

The 13B I bought around 25 years ago, was meant to go into an RX2 coupe project. Decided to temporarily run it in my daily RX4 coupe. It ran and sounded tuff AF at idle. Once you got on it though, the party stopped when it should've been getting started. At 5k rpm on  it felt like it was running on 1 rotor, should of revved to 10k. A comp test verified compression was all over the place.

It would require disassembly and assessment to see what is actually the issue. If there's damage to the rotors or housings it could be done for. Could still probably sell some parts off it.

I remember going to buy it. It was advertised in the trading post as a rebuilt motor. Located in Corio Geelong, pretty rough area at the time. Me and a mate drove down there, we where pretty close, still on the freeway and a group of dirt bikes is on the road with us, all of a sudden a CR 500 wheelies past us. Mate and I where like, jeez Geelong aye. We pull up to the house and what do you know, here comes Mr CR 500. It's the guy selling the engine. Probably shouldn't have bought it after seeing him ride. He also had a, I think was a cook or Norman supercharger as well and I was contemplating what to get but went for the engine as that would've went in the RX2.

Either that bloke stuffed up on assembly or was just dodgy AF and put together stuffed parts. Probably the latter, I haven't been game for 25 years to find out. I think it's time, lol.

The engine itself was originally built and ported by lk tuning (Larry kogge, engine is stamped) who was prominent in rotary building and racing in the era. Was also a racing beat distributor so would of had access to their port designs. The porting in this thing should be ace.

There's only so much Rob dahm you can watch. Have you seen the tear down of the 12 rotor some American built for his race boat, just so he could be different. That is just next level amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a 1 off to that level anywhere else. Seriously amazing. The guys name escapes me right now.

Link to article about said 12 rotor Tyson Garvin is the guy who designed and built it

https://www.motor1.com/news/675726/only-12-rotor-engine-in-the-world/

• Like 1

ADM S15 Silvia with a 13B turbo, running A/C, airbags and a wild stereo sounds good.

True street car, yesterday in the 40°C heat, didn't see a single "street" car on the road nor anyone in cars with their windows down.

Love hearing guys saying "you don't need AC, just wind the window down". 

5 hours ago, admS15 said:

Do not give me evil thoughts, lol.

The 13B I bought around 25 years ago, was meant to go into an RX2 coupe project. Decided to temporarily run it in my daily RX4 coupe. It ran and sounded tuff AF at idle. Once you got on it though, the party stopped when it should've been getting started. At 5k rpm on  it felt like it was running on 1 rotor, should of revved to 10k. A comp test verified compression was all over the place.

It would require disassembly and assessment to see what is actually the issue. If there's damage to the rotors or housings it could be done for. Could still probably sell some parts off it.

I remember going to buy it. It was advertised in the trading post as a rebuilt motor. Located in Corio Geelong, pretty rough area at the time. Me and a mate drove down there, we where pretty close, still on the freeway and a group of dirt bikes is on the road with us, all of a sudden a CR 500 wheelies past us. Mate and I where like, jeez Geelong aye. We pull up to the house and what do you know, here comes Mr CR 500. It's the guy selling the engine. Probably shouldn't have bought it after seeing him ride. He also had a, I think was a cook or Norman supercharger as well and I was contemplating what to get but went for the engine as that would've went in the RX2.

Either that bloke stuffed up on assembly or was just dodgy AF and put together stuffed parts. Probably the latter, I haven't been game for 25 years to find out. I think it's time, lol.

The engine itself was originally built and ported by lk tuning (Larry kogge, engine is stamped) who was prominent in rotary building and racing in the era. Was also a racing beat distributor so would of had access to their port designs. The porting in this thing should be ace.

There's only so much Rob dahm you can watch. Have you seen the tear down of the 12 rotor some American built for his race boat, just so he could be different. That is just next level amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a 1 off to that level anywhere else. Seriously amazing. The guys name escapes me right now.

Link to article about said 12 rotor Tyson Garvin is the guy who designed and built it

https://www.motor1.com/news/675726/only-12-rotor-engine-in-the-world/

Pick up the engine, tear it down! Answer that 25 year old question!!!

As to "only so much" ha ha ha ha

That 12 rotor boat engine, is the only reason I'm subscribed to him, and I watched his couple of recent vids on building the billet 4 rotors after Mazda hiked the price of rotaries recently.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of his YouTube format.

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

ADM S15 Silvia with a 13B turbo, running A/C, airbags and a wild stereo sounds good.

True street car, yesterday in the 40°C heat, didn't see a single "street" car on the road nor anyone in cars with their windows down.

Love hearing guys saying "you don't need AC, just wind the window down". 

I drove mine to a car show yesterday whilst screaming at whichever previous owner ripped the A/C out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/12/2023 at 10:20 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

There was a guy who built exactly that, I think it might have been on NS.COM

Still though, RX7 FD is ultimate. Would own anyway.

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

That's me. I drive in 40°C heat with the windows down most of the time (that it is 40°C, anyway).

Driving on the weekend, air con on full blast, opened a window as dog wanted to get smashed in the face with bugs.

No difference in temp, may as well drop all the windows and run full flow air!

Obviously these guys live further south in cooler climates where AC continues to operate 😛

Edited by MBS206