SAU Community

2016 Round 1 - Jan 30th Sandown Track Day Multiclub

ssxRicho

Then prepare your ears for tyre squeal and bulk understeer, or has it still got the oem suspension package?

I have $3,500 worth of custom valved Tein's (done by MCA) in there :D

(wanna buy my old Jap KTS damper adj gear i took out? lol).

Gonna put the RE003s through their paces if I can. Only issue is I do not have oil temp gauge, has oil cooler - so gonna have to stick to 2 fliers just to be safe.

Sounds like a fun day.

What if we wanted to come along but not actually go on the track, is there still a $225 fee? (read through but I couldn't find an answer).

Wanted to come along to the event and meet some people in the SAU VIC and get their thoughts on gtrs :)

If you don't have an oil cooler, you're gonna have a very bad time. Once you see oil temp hit 120 back off as it's gonna climb top 130-135 before it starts to come back down.

R888 will be fine, you'll run outta oil (and/or brakes depending on setup) before the tyres will give out

^^^ This.

Guys get your oil coolers sorted before Jan 30th, good chance it's gonna be hot. I had to do two cool down laps after pretty much every proper lap today to keep oil temps in check. Brakes were good (DBA T3 + Remsa pads + Dixcel 273C fluid) and the tyres (fresh R888R's) were great btw.

IMO track = oil cooler by default mate.

For $800 or so, it's cheap insurance and will let you run without any issues (and to the limit of tyres/brakes) all day long.

Any recommendations on what to get? Would prefer something RB25DET Neo plug and play with a sandwich plate (with oil temp/pressure sensor spots) and good quality fittings.

Any recommendations on what to get? Would prefer something RB25DET Neo plug and play with a sandwich plate (with oil temp/pressure sensor spots) and good quality fittings.

I've run a justjap kit for years. No doubt a $1000 kit might perform better, but for $350 the justjap kit works well.

If you do get the justjap kit, Teflon tape all the fittings.

• Like 2

If you don't have an oil cooler, you're gonna have a very bad time. Once you see oil temp hit 120 back off as it's gonna climb top 130-135 before it starts to come back down.

Listen to this man 1st timers or this may happen

Sandown 11th Aug 2012 (5)

...don't ask how I know.
  • Like 1

For the social event, when is the latest we need to sign up by? Is there a limit?

The Thursday before the track day is best. We'll end up doing entries on the day if we don't get the 80 cars max. But entries on the day slow sign-in, which slows the whole day a little.

• 2 weeks later...