SAU Community

2016 Round 1 - Jan 30th Sandown Track Day Multiclub

ssxRicho

I had an awesome time with some decent track time for once and I knocked my PB down to 1:24.7.

Also I noticed in the sup regs that there were awards for different categories on the day? Were these decided as I wasn't there right until the end...

Yep it was a pretty good day and well organised. Weather was also great. Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers who put the hours and effort in to make days like this possible. You guys are awesome and much appreciated.

Yep it was a pretty good day and well organised. Weather was also great. Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers who put the hours and effort in to make days like this possible. You guys are awesome and much appreciated.

How'd that oil leak end up?

How'd that oil leak end up?

It ended up not being from the oil cooler setup. Was from the only proper braided Teflon speed flow fitted hose on the car. Turbo oil feed. User installation error, too close too turbo flange. Cooked it and made a pin hole in it. Rob sabbaddin happened to be around and fixed it up for me, shortened the hose and got me back out for another session. I again installed it the same way and it failed again. You live and you learn I suppose. I live just down the road from sandown and made sure the oil was topped up and cruised it home. Fixed it properly the following day. Now I just have gear box issues to worry about lol.

It ended up not being from the oil cooler setup. Was from the only proper braided Teflon speed flow fitted hose on the car. Turbo oil feed. User installation error, too close too turbo flange. Cooked it and made a pin hole in it. Rob sabbaddin happened to be around and fixed it up for me, shortened the hose and got me back out for another session. I again installed it the same way and it failed again. You live and you learn I suppose. I live just down the road from sandown and made sure the oil was topped up and cruised it home. Fixed it properly the following day. Now I just have gear box issues to worry about lol.

Ah ok. Bummer. But good it was fixed close to home.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• To add to that very useful summary, even in the race/rally r32 gtr I have good quality, new(ish) poly bushes everywhere because that is what rules require, and the handling is excellent. Of course, the car doesn't do many klm but I'd still expect poly bushes to last better in road use than sphericals (especially as I have a couple of klm of dirt road to stuff sphericals up) I would change the front upper arms to spherical if I was allowed to, because the poly bushes flog out often, but otherwise new bushes (and ball joints) and a good alignment can make a world of difference
    • Any chance you can get a Nistune board installed instead and set the speed limit to whatever your tires can handle?
    • Hi all, I need to get this HKS SLD attached to my stock ECU because I've now got the German autobahn and faster European circuits to contend with.  The car is a manual 2dr ER34 with an AT ECU and I've realised the AT ECU has two pins for speed sensor signals: Pin 29: Vehicle speed sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 2) Pin *58: Output shaft rotation sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 1) - *RB25DET A/T model only Before I go butchering this harness, is anyone sure of which pin is the correct one for signal adjustment? The attached document from HKS indicates pin 29 but I found this situation mentioned in the following thread on a different forum (R34 GTT Auto Trans Speed Cut Problem | Zerotohundred) mentioning pin 58 needing to be altered by member zephuros, albeit it seems to be for an RSM-GP and the info appears to be old.  R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-2.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-3.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-1.pdf HKS SLD Vehicle Pin out P59-P70 ER34-pages.pdf
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.