SAU Community

What Is This Remote For?

kaiser

The question, of course, is what is it communicating with? Is there an obvious device with an antenna sitting inside the car?

If it is actually for the car, a guess is that it's a remote starter i.e. something to start the car remotely to warm up if it's sitting outside in the japanese snow.

But if your car has been oz-complied, there'd be an after-market (another? why?) immobiliser installed into the car. This would foobar such a device working anyway.

Again, just a guess. I'm sus about the pink button...

Alarm was an option or accessory... Mine arrived with "Nissan" remote starter and alarm option..

However the instructions that I found to get it working, were on Mitsubishi headed notices... So another generic OEM part...

Hey,

I peed on it and now its dead, and it smells....

thanks replying and making me laugh :)

I think the remote must be related to the imobiliser or alarm. The graphic attached graphic is from this site: http://www.jp-carparts.com/nissan/part_detail.php?maker=nissan&type=228&cartype=5&fig=B53∂=B5852EG020&page=1&img=B53%20%20001

The receiver is part KB5853 and its mounted on the inside front pillar. But I'm not 100% sure what its for.

cheers,

Paul

post-137565-0-43803300-1456216970_thumb.gif

• Like 1