• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Piggaz

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

450KW with a 7670 is not realistically what most people are going to get, 400kw would be about more normal i'd have thought?

either way its the same sized compressor wheel as a 3076 but with a slightly bigger rear? either way your going to be able to cause as much damage to the engine with either if not tuned right

7 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

450KW with a 7670 is not realistically what most people are going to get, 400kw would be about more normal i'd have thought?

either way its the same sized compressor wheel as a 3076 but with a slightly bigger rear? either way your going to be able to cause as much damage to the engine with either if not tuned right

Agreed. I've seen a couple on SR20DET's and SR20VET's and they're running 360-390rwkw. Mostly to err massively on the side of safety and longevity.

Here is the latest iteration on the 9180 13B set up, WM50 upgraded and testing many parts, all in the search for durability, Power is easy but unicorn is a Turbo Rotary Mazda that actually lasts... drugracers and TA one lap wonders need not apply lol :P

FBI5yEC.jpg

n3L08bl.png

8f2IJxJ.jpg

mk0bLPu.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sneakey pete said:

I agree, it is similar to a GTX3076R with a larger turbine side, i.e 3576. (wheel is actually a little larger than a 35r wheel)

The question really is how much power does @ActionDan intend to track his car with.
350 all day? 7670 with room to spare.

7163 if 300 is fine for you. Still would consider external gating it due to what @MaximuSmurf mentioned earlier.

Sadly there is nothing in between the 7163 and 7670.

17 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Sadly there is nothing in between the 7163 and 7670.

7064 is still a good turbo!  the YB cosworth guys are over the moon for this... older tech 2L engines like sr20 and 3s seem to love the 7064 due to lower emap up top and easy to run external WG on twinscroll (compared to 7163)

4 hours ago, Full-Race Geoff said:

7064 is still a good turbo!  the YB cosworth guys are over the moon for this... older tech 2L engines like sr20 and 3s seem to love the 7064 due to lower emap up top and easy to run external WG on twinscroll (compared to 7163)

Haha I just recently saw a tuning post from a YB guy complaining about how rubbish the twin scroll 7064 is and that his old T3 was better.  I suspect very much it's a setup issue as I know the 7064 isn't rubbish, but still amusing

I would have been happy with a "73.5/67" should one have existed, mainly to fill the gap of "I want something that maxes out at 350/370rwkw.

Which has always been a pretty decent spot for 90's turbo Nissans with everything else taken into account.

I'd put my hand up for an 8072 if such a thing was ever made.
But given the volume of these that are made i'm not expecting any more to happen

5 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

I would have been happy with a "73.5/67" should one have existed, mainly to fill the gap of "I want something that maxes out at 350/370rwkw.

Which has always been a pretty decent spot for 90's turbo Nissans with everything else taken into account.

Your setup would have been great, if the motor was assembled properly 😉

I assure you it was - The problem in the end was I didn't realize how atrocious all other setups actually were in the real world. You can get used to anything it turns out! Everything else I drove I was sorely disappointed in. The hype of these things and larger displacement IS real - I just experienced the difference between them backwards.

17 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

I assure you it was - The problem in the end was I didn't realize how atrocious all other setups actually were in the real world. You can get used to anything it turns out! Everything else I drove I was sorely disappointed in. The hype of these things and larger displacement IS real - I just experienced the difference between them backwards.

Ports were mismatched to the gasket, valves ever so slightly kissed the pistons, low use motor but scoring on bearings....

I did manage to get the initial turbo acceleration up to 90,000rpm/sec on a 1/2 gear shift on the Datsun (instantly jumps to 5psi boost) with some basic tricks on normal driving closed throttle gear shift giving more turbine energy. But once this is consumed then its back to its normal 'slow' turbine accel rate, so it is what it is basically, just put it down to this engine type.