SAU Community

Garrett vs Precision

khezz

I

On 9/21/2016 at 1:36 PM, r32-25t said:

Higher lift help a lot with power and maybe a little response but longer duration is a massive detriment to response, it's actually surprising how little duration it takes to have a big effect  

Its also suprising how little duration you need to make big power..

there is so many overcammed rbs going around..people like to point out peak figures..it means shit..its all about the power under the curve and how wide it is with a h pattern!

cheers

darren

• Like 2

On 9/22/2016 at 1:45 PM, khezz said:

So what would be your recommendation for cams. For the type of setup discussed in this thread. 2.6l, e85, 750-800hp turbo. Going for 500kw at all fours?

mine made 500kw on JEM's dyno with just a set of HKS drop in 256 cams 8.7mm lift

the problem with going bigger lift is the costs start to go up cause you need to mess around with the head even more

i was actually very surprised the cams didnt 'hold back' power as I was originally told go with 272 cams

JEM told me - lift makes power - duration moves the power up and down the rev range...

• Like 1

Agree totally ^^

People are too quick to throw big lift/duration cams in these days to the point of even making up custom high lift/low duration and bashing the valve train unnecessarily when there is more important things to sort out.

Ive made 5540wkw on a portedhead with 256 9.5mm kelfords (basically poncams)  Smart money gets spent where the greatest gains per dollar are first [emoji16]

What's does your fuel system consist of, if it's not a secret?

What's does your fuel system consist of, if it's not a secret?

Fire hose style lines and had to eliminate the injectors all together as they were providing a restriction just straight fuel line in the intake manifold does the trick for this bad boy

On 9/18/2016 at 8:37 PM, khezz said:

I should point out that this is not regarding any particular car. Just want to see experienced people's views. It seems that high mount twins are dead as dead can be. Low mounts are old tech.

My car will be getting a pair of low mount Gtx units. In search of 450awkw. The cost of engineering papers puts a high mount single out of reach.

so do you want feelings or factual numbers? because depending on a few factors their result will probably vary from yours.

I suppose numbers would be more useful. Different drivers will describe feelings differently. I have now been forced to go the single turbo rout. Going for the precision. So numbers would be great.

Holy, phone typo induces mass hysteria!

We were all very impressed and kinda worshipped you for a while. Thanks for ruining it.

So what sort of fuel system are you running. Fuel pump and injector size? Please
  • Like 1