SAU Community

R33 GTR LM Limited

Steve85

R33 GTR LM Limited

Hi all,

So long time stalker and awkward question guy here. I have been chasing an R33 GTR LM Limited for a long time. 

I have seen all the LM Limiteds that have been for sale this year. In total, there were less than ten cars for sale here and in Japan.

In the end, I have purchased an LM Limited from Perth from a nice guy called Gavin. He contacted me early in my search to offer his car to me. At the time, I was looking for a stock car that had a few modifications as possible. Gav's car did not fit that bill. It has been built from the ground up in all aspects (engine, suspension, brakes, etc).

The months rolled on and I followed up every lead I could to try to find the car I wanted. I spent hours and hours trawling through the internet, facebook and of course SAU. All the while a little voice on my shoulder kept asking if maybe I should just buy that worked one that Gav offered. It was already here after all. 

Finally, I cracked, I gave up my search got back in contact with Gav to offer to buy his car. His response: "I'm going to hold onto it and not sell it." I was devastated and proceeded to offer the amount that I knew Gav wanted for it. He changed his mind after a couple of weeks and I sent a healthy deposit over to secure the car. 

The car had a few minor issues that needed to be worked out at Galvsport. While it was there I asked that the car be inspected with the intent of me purchasing it. The guys at Galvsport were fantastic and were very patient with my questions and commentary. In the end, I did buy the car and transfered the rest of the money to Gav. I know owned the car I wanted.

If only it wasn't 3500km away. I had the car shipped over using CEVA on the premium race car transport. The car arrived in excellent condition and was exactly what I was hoping for. It was shipped from Galvsport directly to Racepace in Melbourne who have gotten the car into a roadworthy state (VicRoads are notoriously scrupulous on modified cars). 

I picked the car up with its roadworthy today and drove it away. I did stall it once trying to complete a u-turn and it has insanely hard suspension. I was advised that I should soften it up and having driven it for 30 minutes this is now a priority. Fortunately the car has adjustable damping which should result in a better ride.

So whats the car like? It's fast, really fast. Like oh my god, what just happened, fast!

It's also very loud. Not the exhaust, it is tolerable, but the noise from the suspension, fuel pumps and differentials is insane. Its got a radio so I might have to give that a go to remove the unwanted noise in the background.

So all in all, it's a very different car than I was expecting, this thing feels and acts like a racecar. Certainly once the suspension is softened up, I think it will be more tolerable on the roads. 

So, pictures, I know most of you are only here for pictures:

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

• Like 4

OMG. So much yes. Beautiful car, you really scored.

Almost everyone who sees it says that. It's a testament to Gav and Galvsport for building and to myself for asking soooo many questions. I even queried people who had only seen the car once.

I attempted to leave no stone unturned in my quest and it is paying off. The roadworthy for this was less complicated than for my Ford Falcon and to me that suggests that my research has paid off. Big win!.

• Like 1

Mod list is extensive, here is a google doc with the details:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TyxCj2NoIdTviEseLMahUZxGtzKSrCDqhgPiPNz1RJ8/edit?usp=sharing

But the short version is:

• 2.8 Tomei stroker, with N1 block.
  • Tomei Oil Pump and an N1 water pump. 
  • JUN CAms and head equipment.
  • Nismo inlet manifold.
  • GTX2863R Turbos.
  • 3" Kakimoto Exhaust (has been damaged by E85)
  • Twin Walbro Fuel Pumps.

Plans:

2016: get it on the road. (Just need one more piece of paper and then this is done).

2017: Mechanicals. Specific items (development of a single LCD gauge set) Suspension tune. Remap engine if required.

2018: Body work, to be touched up, carbon wing blade to be sourced and installed (if not already completed). Full protective wrap.

2019; ???

Power: Currently

640hp at the wheeis @6000RPM.

818NM Torque at the wheels @5000RPM 

So i picked the car up from Racepace around 11 this morning, drove it to work where i parked it where i could see it directly in front of the building.

I carry on with my work showing the car off ans having a good time until late afternoon. One of the other engineers comes upstairs and doesnt even mention it. I ask him if we just not going to talk about it, at which point a conversation is struck up about the car.
We look out and i can see the drivers door is ajar. There's someone in my car i ran downstairs and chased the bloke off.
He jumps into an i30, and starts to drive away, i start taking pictures of the car. So he stops jumps out and threatens me with a knife saying "you wanna get fu**ing stabbed?" I reply "just get the fu** out of here". He drives off.
Police were great, they showed up within minutes, really good cops too. Super helpful and feel bad for me.

5 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

So i picked the car up from Racepace around 11 this morning, drove it to work where i parked it where i could see it directly in front of the building.

I carry on with my work showing the car off ans having a good time until late afternoon. One of the other engineers comes upstairs and doesnt even mention it. I ask him if we just not going to talk about it, at which point a conversation is struck up about the car.
We look out and i can see the drivers door is ajar. There's someone in my car i ran downstairs and chased the bloke off.
He jumps into an i30, and starts to drive away, i start taking pictures of the car. So he stops jumps out and threatens me with a knife saying "you wanna get fu**ing stabbed?" I reply "just get the fu** out of here". He drives off.
Police were great, they showed up within minutes, really good cops too. Super helpful and feel bad for me.

thats f**ked 

• Like 1

That's terrible luck, dose the car already have an alarm? I hope so. If not wow 

hope alls sorted. But you can not leave a R33 LM limited with 2.8l stoker + all the other goodies on the street. If the right thief gets it, it's all gone. +1 for tracker of some sort.

• Like 1