SAU Community

Upgraded Key

Upgraded Key

Image result for nissan upgraded key

Has anyone got one or seen one?

Or better yet does anyone know where to get one?

Allows you to remotely:

• Lock and unlock Car

• Turn Heating on / off

• Start and stop the engine

• Operate demister

Premium Smart Key

Nissan Skyline Crossover Upgraded Smart Key Premium

Has the same features as the upgraded smart key but with an LCD screen which also displays status information about the car such as locking, interior temperature and whether the engine is running. Note that these Smart keys are an unusual option to find and are rarely noted on auction sheets.

Got this info from Prestige MotorSport  http://prestigemotorsport.com.au/faqs/nissan-v36-skyline-model-guide/

Yes I was "Lucky" enough to have one of these with my car... Allows me to start the car and open the doors, but does not let me drive it, as it is not a proper smart key. It mainly seems to be for turning on the upgraded alarm..

Could not find any info on it, from Nissan or Infiniti, but did find out that Mitsubishi used the same system... I have attached the instructions for interest...

remote start manual 2011-10-20_234333_981f2d01.pdf

16 hours ago, The Max said:

Could've saved me all the hard work installing my aftermarket system.

Are you happy with your aftermarket system?

Whats the brand of yours?

DEI Viper. Reasonably happy though the LCD remote has been quite flaky the last couple of years and I've had to disconnect the alarm from the power for a couple seconds but only twice, in order to get the remote start to work again.

Their firmware isn't what I would consider to be very reliable but if you have the fuse for the alarm in a strategic spot (or otherwise don't mind unplugging the battery for a couple seconds) then it's not a big deal to power it off/on again. Considering we're talking over a span of five years, I don't have much to complain about.

• 2 years later...

NissanKey.PNG.a992225f9c31dddb2555dd8bfefca02a.PNGHi all

Got one of the fancy Fancy keys today.

(ps thank you nickcorr  for your Link to Documentation! was searching in japanese to find that lol!)

Gone through the documentation, it doesnt start remotely - apparently when they bring the cars into Australia, the box that controls that aspect of it is disabled.

However - the unlock function works, this must mean the box is still there and just needs re-wiring? - cause the feature to turn on from a distance is Beautiful for Australian summers, and my car is black!

any ideas/ Comments?

Cheers!

The BCM in our JDM vehicles is not to be mistaken as being the same as the USDM or even European market verhicles. They're not. Therefore, you won't find the remote start capability built into the BCM and it's not disabled by anyone when your car reaches the shores of Australia. I don't know where you heard that from but it is simply not true.

If you want remote start, you will need to go aftermarket like I did.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Just to update this:

Actually got mine to work!

theres a specific button press required to make it work. 

Button: The "F"

Push and hold for engine info and inside temp car.

Push 1nce + hold Start to turn car on (run for 10/20min)

Push and hold + Lock push and hold to lock remote

Push and hold + unlock push and hold turn unlock remote

Push unlock button + push again to unlock boot

Push and Hold unlock button to unlock hole car

Just now wondering, as, I cant seem to Run the car with this FOB. like the car turns on, so im like sweet, jump in and am about to go, put my foot on the brake and the car dies ? weird! one would think this device would count as a key!

Edited by Kossac
update
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 5:35 PM, Kossac said:

Just to update this:

Actually got mine to work!

theres a specific button press required to make it work. 

Button: The "F"

Push and hold for engine info and inside temp car.

Push 1nce + hold Start to turn car on (run for 10/20min)

Push and hold + Lock push and hold to lock remote

Push and hold + unlock push and hold turn unlock remote

Push unlock button + push again to unlock boot

Push and Hold unlock button to unlock hole car

Just now wondering, as, I cant seem to Run the car with this FOB. like the car turns on, so im like sweet, jump in and am about to go, put my foot on the brake and the car dies ? weird! one would think this device would count as a key!

did you go to someone to have them program it to your car or?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have the "Premium Upgraded Smart Key" as they like to call it.. the one in KOSSAC's post above.

For mine to start the engine, I have to press and HOLD the START button while the LCD display is still showing having first pressed the LOCK button. And keep holding for at least 15-20 seconds until it buzzes and clicks and the lights come on. Then the engine starts.

Only hassle is the engine stops as soon as you open the door, whether I unlock it from the remote or manually pressing the button on the door handle...

On the other hand, if you look at one of the Directed Electronics solutions and are prepared to go through the pain of wiring and programming it, you can have your remote start and it will only shut down the vehicle (and sound the alarm) if you don't have the OEM key with you when you hop in.

• 2 weeks later...