SAU Community

Selling my R33 Gtst for an Evo VIII. Wise move?

Hi guys

cut long story short. I am selling my R33 gtst for an Evo. I have poured in so much money and effort into the R33 and it feels like once a week a new issue occurs. Just recently had it dyno tuned and was excited to finally enjoy the car....but no. 2 days later my car started sounding like tractor, exhaust note changed and would not pull hard once I got onto boost. I took it to numerous mechanics in gold coast and know one has a clue what the issue is. 

So I am done with Skylines and decided to buy a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII next week. Apparently the only issue is some sort of surge when you go WOT but drives ok if you gradually apply the throttle. It has high K's, I think around about 260k but I hear the engines are bullet proof.

So just wanted to ask. Whats it like going from a gtst to Evo? Do the evos feel as quick? What are they like in terms of reliability? Will I regret going to an Evo? 

Cheers guys.

Sounds like you'll be going from one problem to another. You'll struggle to sell your car if its running like shit and it makes no sense to buy something else with problems and high km. Fix yours and if your still not happy with it, sell and buy something in good nick without any issues. Good luck...

23 hours ago, Redknight said:

Hi guys

cut long story short. I am selling my R33 gtst for an Evo. I have poured in so much money and effort into the R33 and it feels like once a week a new issue occurs. Just recently had it dyno tuned and was excited to finally enjoy the car....but no. 2 days later my car started sounding like tractor, exhaust note changed and would not pull hard once I got onto boost. I took it to numerous mechanics in gold coast and know one has a clue what the issue is. 

So I am done with Skylines and decided to buy a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII next week. Apparently the only issue is some sort of surge when you go WOT but drives ok if you gradually apply the throttle. It has high K's, I think around about 260k but I hear the engines are bullet proof.

So just wanted to ask. Whats it like going from a gtst to Evo? Do the evos feel as quick? What are they like in terms of reliability? Will I regret going to an Evo? 

Cheers guys.

Your wastegate is stuck open....