SAU Community

R34 gtt or r33 gtst

Spec-s Gttt

Comes down to preference for looks

They are much the same besides 33 being older / likely to have done more km and the NEO engine in the 34

33 probably better for modifying, 34 (slightly) better for reliability

Had both.

34 are better cos two cup holders, they're handy as - that being said I'm an idiot for giving it up for 33 gtr.

Cup holders aside, neo motor is pretty good little motor - people reckon neo head flow more than rb26 head. And VCT too.

Both are magical to drive and I'm sure they're still magical to drive nowadays - damn I want another one.

• Like 1

I think alot of fellow SAU members would be in the boat of "I've driven both" and can provide their 2c.

It's personal taste more than anything else, yes they both have their differences but I would say in the end it comes down to two things:

1/ Cosmetic preferences - Do you prefer the curves of the R33 or the 'designed with a straight edge' R34?

2/ Resale value- Will the R33 start to claw back some of its value if kept tidy. I would argue that the GTT has now overtaken the r33 as the new jap commonwhore- atleast where I live.

On 6/26/2017 at 9:04 AM, Spec-s Gttt said:

Why not

Because having two turbos doesn't automatically make the car better or faster by any means, just complicates the setup. For a car that was originally single turbo you are better off just upgrading that turbo and ending up with the same result as if you went twin.

I recommend doing some reading on turbochargers and the various setups as it's not only interesting stuff but will help you to understand what works well and what doesn't.

My thoughts are always, go and try both. You'll never know which you prefer from asking in this instance. Both are good and bad, have a drive of each and you'll know which you prefer. Cars are subjective and just because I like a car doesn't mean you will.
Have a go, it's more fun and you can then say you've driven both!