SAU Community

Planning RB28 build need suggestions!

22 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

You might ask Haltech what could be done to the ECU to permit the use of the PRP triggers.  It might be possible.

Yeah need to go PS2000 or Elite series is the only real option, the trigger settings for the Pro Plug-ins are hard coded (if memory serves me correctly).

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Yeah need to go PS2000 or Elite series is the only real option, the trigger settings for the Pro Plug-ins are hard coded (if memory serves me correctly).

Yes, but my thought is that Haltech are on of those crowds that occasionally do special firmware for their ECUs, if you ask nicely enough.

19 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Yes, but my thought is that Haltech are on of those crowds that occasionally do special firmware for their ECUs, if you ask nicely enough.

Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose :)

I know Andy at Adaptronic back in the day happily wrote custom firmware for me, top bloke!

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 1:23 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I emailed Haltech and their reply is the following

The Pro model supports the factory CAS and also the kits that use a 12x tooth crank and 1x tooth cam trigger.  So those kits look fine. 
It is just a setting in your Ecu to change it over.

• 5 months later...

I cannot decide which cams to go with especially when 8474 is going to available soon. I want response but don’t want to give up all the top end.

Tomei 260Degree 10.8mm lift Intake
Tomei 260Degree 10.8mm lift Exhaust
Or
HKS V Cam Step 1 248Degree 8.6mm  Lift Intake
Mines 252Degree 10.05mm Lift Exhaust
Or
Mines 252Degree 10.05mm Lift Intake
Mines 252Degree 10.05mm Lift Exhaust
Or
Unigroup 258Degree 11mm Lift Intake
Unigroup 258Degree 11mm Lift Exhaust

Quick question, have you dat down with an engine builder and talked about what you want?

Sounds like a catalogue car that will sound cool on paper but will have a crap ton of lag and go no where fast.

Your head is where your power is going to be made and running cam numbers off like that doesn’t mean anything until your dead set on a turbo and a power goal. 

I spent 3 months talking to people and reading about turbo vs cam specs before I jumped in the deep end with my builder.

PS there was a purple r33 GTR here in NZ that was a book car and it was nothing special once you drove it, HKS here Greddy there, no power delivery 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WR33KD said:

Quick question, have you dat down with an engine builder and talked about what you want?

Sounds like a catalogue car that will sound cool on paper but will have a crap ton of lag and go no where fast.

Your head is where your power is going to be made and running cam numbers off like that doesn’t mean anything until your dead set on a turbo and a power goal. 

I spent 3 months talking to people and reading about turbo vs cam specs before I jumped in the deep end with my builder.

PS there was a purple r33 GTR here in NZ that was a book car and it was nothing special once you drove it, HKS here Greddy there, no power delivery 

Yes I have talked to a few different builders.

I am set on EFR 8374 1.05 or 8474 if available.

I’m just trying to reuse most of the parts that came with the car. And since theres no shop capable to doing any custom work over here in Hong Kong, I need to use of the shelf items aka exhaust...etc

Edited by etang789

1 hour ago, NEO25T said:

Yep can use it with platinum pro but as previously suggested I would go elite if I were u

20190123_163333.thumb.jpg.a906602072df39a93d0fae7919ac67e3.jpg

Yea I figured out that setting.

I’m leaning towards Elite but will wait until last minute to decide. Don’t want to be like last time (the build dragged on for 2 years) that Elite came out right after I finally installed the Platinum Pro...

Edited by etang789