SAU Community

R34 Blitz induction Cover air flow

My GTT currently has the following

Stock turbo

Greddy Profec OLED boost controller set to 10psi

Blitz FMIC

HKS mushroom filter

3" exhaust from downpipe back no centre box (only back box) 

The air filter element needs changing soon as its coming up for its service. I've found a Blitz Induction cover with airbox for sale and I'm a magpie when it comes to parts you don't usually see (always wanted an Arc box but they're not available for the GTT?) 

A quick google shows the induction cover is for the GTR, the seller said it was removed from a GTT. The filter element part number lists the GTT so it must be an OK fit

(sorry for the long read) 

My question is, with the snorkal removed, will the filter get sufficient air flow? 

I would be surprised if the GTT and GTR items were the same ...possibly the GTR item was modified to suit the GTT. Have you studied the photos? Is there anything about it that makes you think it will improve air flow rather than raise the temperature of the incoming air? Oops - see you have already exchanged your snorkel for a mushroom!

Either way I guess the difference will be marginal.

Hopefully someone can identify the airbox to confirm. 

The car came with the mushroom filter and the snorkal cable tied on. I know the snorkal won't attach to anything but I guess it'll help flow some air. 

received_2430826703804707.jpeg

received_240121957194100.jpeg

received_1097326597305400.jpeg

received_229782538090112.jpeg

Screenshot_20200425_022111.jpg

I had the same cover, thinking it would be good from a legality point of view. No performance improvement, tiny increase induction noise, and worst of all a rather noticeable performance drop on hot days. Don't bother

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, hoodedreeper said:

The air filter element needs changing soon as its coming up for its service. I've found a Blitz Induction cover with airbox for sale and I'm a magpie when it comes to parts you don't usually see (always wanted an Arc box but they're not available for the GTT?)

They did make ARC boxes for the GTT, I've got one!